Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Sender Access in 1997 41-foot Wide Body Pusher Detroit 60 Series - Mid Door
02-22-2010, 04:54
Fuel Sender Access in 1997 41-foot Wide Body Pusher Detroit 60 Series - Mid Door
My mechanic says that the cause of the fuel gage stuck past "F" is due to a bad
sender, not guage or ground fault. Therefore, he wants to replace the fuel
sender. So, have two problems that could use your experience and wisdom: 1) Is
it necessary to drop the fuel tank to access the sender? Mechanic predicts this
is s 10-12 hour R&R for the tank, expensive labor for what will probably be a
relatively inexpensive part. Is it possible to access the sender from inside the
coach going down thru the floor? Is there an access hole somewhere under my
carpeting I can use? 2) Where can we buy a new fuel level sender? Parliment in
Tampa is no help. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2010, 06:42

I'm not sure this will help you, but on my FC there is a small panel in the floor right above the tank where the fuel sender is located as well as both in and out fuel lines and a vent line. This is not a hard job to replace the sender when you locate that panel. Lots of luck.
Chet Geist
1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
-----Original Message-----
From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of isaltdusa
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:55 AM
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Fuel Sender Access in 1997 41-foot Wide Body Pusher Detroit 60 Series - Mid Door

My mechanic says that the cause of the fuel gage stuck past "F" is due to a bad sender, not guage or ground fault. Therefore, he wants to replace the fuel sender. So, have two problems that could use your experience and wisdom: 1) Is it necessary to drop the fuel tank to access the sender? Mechanic predicts this is s 10-12 hour R&R for the tank, expensive labor for what will probably be a relatively inexpensive part. Is it possible to access the sender from inside the coach going down thru the floor? Is there an access hole somewhere under my carpeting I can use? 2) Where can we buy a new fuel level sender? Parliment in Tampa is no help. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

02-22-2010, 06:56
The sender inspection port is located in the middle of the kitchen floor. If you have tile there that will have to be removed. There is a screw located in the vertical kick plate on the kitchen cabinets. The sender port is approx 2 feet inboard.

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Tx 817-475-3991

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, isaltdusa wrote:

Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Fuel Sender Access in 1997 41-foot Wide Body Pusher Detroit 60 Series - Mid Door
Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 10:54 AM

My mechanic says that the cause of the fuel gage stuck past "F" is due to a bad sender, not guage or ground fault. Therefore, he wants to replace the fuel sender. So, have two problems that could use your experience and wisdom: 1) Is it necessary to drop the fuel tank to access the sender? Mechanic predicts this is s 10-12 hour R&R for the tank, expensive labor for what will probably be a relatively inexpensive part. Is it possible to access the sender from inside the coach going down thru the floor? Is there an access hole somewhere under my carpeting I can use? 2) Where can we buy a new fuel level sender? Parliment in Tampa is no help. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

02-22-2010, 11:16
Also, when I changed mine on the '78 31FC, Bennie Collier told me the part #, but the sending unitis usually a common heavy duty unit. I wonder if Parliment has had time to sort out all the "intellectual property". I miss BB Customer Service BIG TIME!!

Sent: Mon, February 22, 2010 12:42:05 PM
Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Fuel Sender Access in 1997 41-foot Wide Body Pusher Detroit 60 Series - Mid Door

I'm not sure this will help you, but on my FC there is a small panel in the floor right above the tank where the fuel sender is located as well as both in and out fuel lines and a vent line. This is not a hard job to replace the sender when you locate that panel. Lots of luck.
Chet Geist
1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
-----Original Message-----
From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of isaltdusa
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:55 AM
To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)