Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice regarding air leak on my 77FC35
01-13-2008, 10:17
Advice regarding air leak on my 77FC35

Dorn,
That valve that you have leaking is just a Schrader valve like those in your tire valve stems. sometimes they stick open. usually they can be unstuck by depressing the center of the valve and reseating the valve. Barring that you may have to remove the device and clean it perhaps replacing the valve itself. Mine sticks occasionally butI have never needed to take it apart it has always resealed. (It rarely freezes that hard in my garage).
Steve Anderson
79 FC 35
In a message dated 1/13/2008 10:11:07 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, dhetzel@... writes:

Hello All,

I have an air leak which I think is coming from the water drain valve or similar on my 77FC35.

Please see http://www.hetzel.org/P1010012.JPG for a picture of the problem spot.

Any advice as to the identity of the leaking part and the best way to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

The coach has been parked in front of my house since it's last trip from which we returned on 12/24, and was last started and run for an hour about a week ago, at which time this problem was not present. We did have a quite hard freeze since then, down to about 12F.

Best Regards and thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Dorn Hetzel
77FC35
Hogansville, GA

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)