Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator slide dead 02 Lx
10-24-2020, 18:58 (This post was last modified: 12-13-2020 01:02 by neontwister.)
RE: Generator slide dead 02 Lx
I figured it out. I remembered I had a tone generator and an inductive amp. I disconnected the 12VDC feed to the switch and connected my tone generator. It didn't act like there was a complete circuit there. I traced the tone up to a connector in the wiring compartment under the toll window. The tone dropped out past this connector. It was the connector at the vey bottom of the compartment. I found it cocked , not fully together. I had a heck of a time getting it out. That connector was under the spray foam so it's been there from day one. I got it out and took it apart. Heavy corrosion , water must have gotten in there I also found a wire rubbed bare in the loom. I don't think that was the cause of the problem, but it could have started a new one later on. I had some cleaning spray, wish I had some dialectic grease. I'll work on that later. I had been on the WOG for a week asking for help and nothing. That is why I decided to try over here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes neontwister's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generator slide dead 02 Lx - neontwister - 10-24-2020 18:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)