Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluefire - a cool tool
07-12-2020, 23:42
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool
When I hear that, I immediately think: what Coach manufacturer, which engine, which engine ECM, what device is the Bluefire running on and what operating system on that device?

I have had none of the problems referred to and I don’t read of such problems on the Bluefire user forum.

As far as the dash gauges not working, I have a hard time understanding any correlation. For instance, on our S60 engines, the oil pressure sensor for the DDEC ECM is different than the gauge on the dash. I haven’t traced them all, but I think most of them are/have to be separate because the DDEC uses 5v (Electronic industry signaling) to all the sensors and the dash gauges use automotive 12v signaling (mainly AC Delco signaling). I am at a loss to see how the reported dash failure has much of anything to do with the Bluefire reading the ECM data. In fact that was one of the main reasons I bought it. I had little faith in my dash gauges readings. I was correct. The ECM readings seem much more realistic and stable in our extreme southern heat. Besides the “glass dash” I am using with the Bluefire is pretty cool.

IMO, many reported “issues” revolve around user error. I can attest to how easy it is to screw something up on the Bluefire in a heartbeat without even trying. It’s a fairly sophisticated tool that you customize a lot of settings to your particular coach/engine to match your desires and needs. With flexibility comes increasing opportunities for errors. It’s the old garbage in, garbage out rule. I still haven’t got everything I want on the dash and the last time I touched it, I screwed it up And had to restore a backup copy, so I am serious about user error. I read it often on the Bluefire forum posts in the Q&A process and followup: Hey, ‘xyz’ doesn’t work on my coach. Minutes later, oops, never mind, found it.

It’s a really cool tool for the price and I’m glad I finally got it.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-23-2020, 15:53
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-23-2020, 22:53
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-24-2020, 20:14
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 07-12-2020 23:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)