Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluefire - a cool tool
06-23-2020, 22:53 (This post was last modified: 06-23-2020 22:59 by mbulriss.)
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool
John,

I have no experience with the VMspc. I did a lot of reading though and my impression is that the VMspc has not had any software upgrades in a long time. The Bluefire developer makes regular updates and seems quite receptive to suggested upgrades. For instance, your dash gauges can extend beyond one page and you can scroll through the pages. The Bluefire has LOTS of options to customize your personal dash. That’s good and bad - the user has more ways to mess up! Trust me, I searched for a set up error for quite a while. I also like that the interface is via Bluetooth from the adapter plug to your viewing device which can be a PC, tablet, phone, Apple, Android, Windows and others. The Bluetooth connection has been very stable. I will say that the software does not react well from going from landscape to portrait mode on the fly. Set your dash (or alternate dashes) up for one mode and stick to it for that dash. Yes you can load alternate dashes. You can also do split screen with different GPS systems. As I said, lots of options for customizing to your desires. There are separate pages for trip routing, repairs, active/inactive alerts, fuel fill ups, etc. if attached to the web, it will even show you the closest dealer if you need service. The product has customized Software versions for over the road trucks, RV/motorhomes, fire trucks, so there is some cross pollination of good ideas. Lots of info on their website. You buy a ECM adapter particular to your rig’s diagnostic port and then download the free app software of your choosing (for our use, Bluefire for Motorhomes), read the tutorial and start setting up customized dashes to your hearts content.

One caveat, the system reports SAE standard codes so you have to translate them to DDEC codes (in my case) in order to track the code errors and potential resolution in the DDEC literature.

I think Ross may have more input on this matter about the other product.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-23-2020, 15:53
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-23-2020 22:53
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 06-24-2020, 20:14
RE: Bluefire - a cool tool - mbulriss - 07-12-2020, 23:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)