Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB...
06-09-2016, 13:42
RE: Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB...
"1 roof air isn't going to cool this coach"
I would want to know who the converter was. With only one roof AC, the converter obviously didn't plan for adequate cooling. That would make me think that this is a one off conversion. I would also be suspect of the other conversion items and the way the electrical and plumbing was installed.
I believe a Wanderlodge of the same vintage ('95 to '97) would be a better option."

Ernie, Chuck... I agree with both of you.
Chuck you, I think, have come closer to the heart of the matter......

The Rear Plate is an Arizona License and ASSUMING (I have no proof of this) the conversion was done for/by a southwestern owner/Conversion Company;
1AC and therefore the entire conversion is suspect
and it ALL might be done "on the cheap
. That's not to say it is a bad coach...it seems to have worked for someone...until now.
Above $60K (plus a +$10K repair reserve) I don't think so without a very close inspection by "Experienced EYES".
I actually think that at $45-$55K "it's a terrific buy/value for the right buyer."

In my mind I've come up with a story I think might be somewhere close to the truth...(Feel free to shoot holes in this theory),
I'm just trying to think like a suspicious buyer of a big ticket purchase.

The Van Hool T900 was/is a commercial coach (motorhomes are not made by Van Hool).
The length (45') and the exterior window layout looks like it was an ENTERTAINER COACH with bunks at mid-coach.
I think something happened (bankruptcy, insurance damage, robbery, whatever) that put this coach into the ownership of someone
early in it's life (a '97 with apx. 60-70K Miles) someone that got it for "a song" compared to it's NADA value.
That someone wanted to "FLIP" it quickly and cheaply to sell it ASAP at the greatest dollar.
The interior looks very "sparse/plain" and "unadorned" for something that should sell for +$200K.
The Master Bedroom is really "under-done" for a coach that large/long. They put "just enough" into it and
then gave it a custom logo and paint job to sell it.

It sold and the AZ owner was a "Happy Camper" for a while
but now "The 2016 Marketplace" is showing him it's TRUE VALUE
as compared to other QUALITY USED Coaches like a BB, Prevost, etc.
from 1997 for sale in the economy of the Summer of 2016.

WHAT DO YOU THINK!

I'll stick to looking for that "Perfect (for me) Bluebird."

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB... - PhrankinPhoenix - 06-09-2016 13:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)