Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Television Upgrade In My LXi
01-10-2015, 02:37 (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 02:40 by cmillsap.)
Television Upgrade In My LXi
I’ve been thinking about upgrading my salon and bedroom TV(s) for a while now but I didn’t want to hang a big oversized flat screen on the interior of my bus. I already have a 42” HD flat screen in my second curbside bay. Further, I wanted to utilize the compartments that housed the original ProScan 21” CRT type TV(s) that BB installed when the bus was new. The trick was to find the largest snug fitting ones that would fit in the existing compartments. After much measuring and searching, I found the (2) Samsung 24” Smart LED TV(s) that just fit perfectly on Amazon. They are model # UN24H4500. The additional 3” in the screen size is proportionally perfect and fits the size of the rooms nicely.
If you’re looking to upgrade your old tube type TVs using the existing TV compartments, you may want to consider the model mentioned above. The pics below will show you the steps we took to install them.

Pics #1 thru 4 are of the bedroom upgrade
Pics # 5 thru 10 are of the salon upgrade

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post
01-10-2015, 11:19
RE: Television Upgrade In My LXi
(01-10-2015 02:37)cmillsap Wrote:  I’ve been thinking about upgrading my salon and bedroom TV(s) for a while now but I didn’t want to hang a big oversized flat screen on the interior of my bus. I already have a 42” HD flat screen in my second curbside bay. Further, I wanted to utilize the compartments that housed the original ProScan 21” CRT type TV(s) that BB installed when the bus was new. The trick was to find the largest snug fitting ones that would fit in the existing compartments. After much measuring and searching, I found the (2) Samsung 24” Smart LED TV(s) that just fit perfectly on Amazon. They are model # UN24H4500. The additional 3” in the screen size is proportionally perfect and fits the size of the rooms nicely.
If you’re looking to upgrade your old tube type TVs using the existing TV compartments, you may want to consider the model mentioned above. The pics below will show you the steps we took to install them.

Pics #1 thru 4 are of the bedroom upgrade
Pics # 5 thru 10 are of the salon upgrade

Nice!

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
01-10-2015, 14:48
Wow Chuck! Looks like a factory install! Very impressive wood shop too. Thanks for sharing your upgrade. Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
01-11-2015, 04:36
Nice job. I like the wood finish on the bedroom case. Front TV looks factory

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
01-11-2015, 15:47
Thanks everyone,
One of the problems with replacing the Audio & Video components while doing an update is finding where they are plugged in. Here’s another bit of information that may be helpful to others who intend to update their audio & video components. The 120vac outlets that power everything are hidden behind the ceiling of the center compartment. Remove two screws in the rear panel and remove it, then the ceiling panel will slide toward the back of the compartment and down. See Pic.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
11-08-2015, 13:11
I added a 32" Samsung smart tv last winter. I have not been able to use the acc sound system. My BB has a Bose speaker system and a Virtual Reality Sound Labs 400 watt 4 ch amp. When I turn off the TV speakers an turn on the acc system Boy is it Loud. The Directv remote will not turn the volume up or down like the previous Samsung TV. I get a message " Your TV is set to use External Speakers. Adjust the volume on the connected speakers directly." I guess when one starts using Smart TV's the old amp system is obsolete. Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it.

Charlie Vaughn
1999 LXi
11-09-2015, 09:40 (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 09:41 by dentmac.)
Hi,
One of the problems with the older receiver/Amps is that the HDMI output is not an ARC type (Audio return Channel) . The newer HDMI allows the audio to flow back from the TV to the amp (or whatever) and the speakers.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
11-10-2015, 14:06
Ross,

For us mechanical types, that means.......?

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
11-10-2015, 16:09
With a new Smart TV, if the speakers on the receiver don't work, and only the speakers on the TV work, a new amp/receiver is required if you want to use an HDMI cable ONLY.

The new HDMI allows 2 way flow, so the video goes to the TV from the amp (and cable or Sat which is attached to it.) and the TV sound goes back down the same cable to the amp so it can be pushed to the speakers.

Some newer TV's may still have the stereo audio cable outlets that could go to the amp but the "Smart " of the TV may get confused. (Like me)

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
11-10-2015, 20:01 (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 21:42 by travelite.)
Thanks Ross,

This thread is the kick in the butt I need. SpongeBob is loaded with outdated A/V equipment which no longer works or is no longer supported. I need new TV's, receivers, and surround sound. My bus has three outdated plasma TVs, one LCD display, and analog receivers all with RG6 and RCA cables - no HDMI in sight! At least I now know that my new receivers should support ARC so I can adjust the sound with my remotes. To make matters worse SpongeBob uses AMX matrix switching to redirect A/V sources to destination receivers and TVs and it uses AMX handhelds to control everything. If AMX were supported I'd have to have software installed to instruct it on how to control all of my A/V equipment. Since it's obsolete it all needs to go. Some of the other Vantare owners have moved to a system by RTI but that's an $8K upgrade! Sigh! Where do I begin! LOL!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)