Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DD Series 60 oil leak
12-28-2014, 22:34
DD Series 60 oil leak
I have a new (my first) oil leak on my engine. It is up high behind the alternator but it is not the alternator oil return line. It is running down the curb side of the engine. I am losing 1 quart/250 miles. The leak started after I got it out of the repair shop for some extensive work which included replacing most all of the hydraulic oil lines. I have clean the engine and I am searching for the leak. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2014, 23:07
RE: DD Series 60 oil leak
Sounds like the cam shaft diamond seal. Ask about it at your local DD service center. Couple grand to fix. At the rate it's leaking it's going to have to be fixed,

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
12-29-2014, 02:29
(12-28-2014 23:07)davidbrady Wrote:  Sounds like the cam shaft diamond seal. Ask about it at your local DD service center. Couple grand to fix. At the rate it's leaking it's going to have to be fixed,
I would check the hydraulic lines they come loose if the tec didnt cinch them down correctly. when you spin them tight the twisting movement that the hose makes packs energy that is always trying to move the fitting lose. that energy is magnified 200 or more times when the hose fills with fluid and the plys stand true. Cant find it in t-paper rolls but light blue kleenX works great at finding leaks. the paper turns dark blue.

here is a thread that has some discussions about possibilities for your leak along the lines David touched on. I hope it is a hose

http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/diesel...eadid=3968

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
12-29-2014, 23:00
(12-29-2014 02:29)GregOConnor Wrote:  
(12-28-2014 23:07)davidbrady Wrote:  Sounds like the cam shaft diamond seal. Ask about it at your local DD service center. Couple grand to fix. At the rate it's leaking it's going to have to be fixed,
I would check the hydraulic lines they come loose if the tec didnt cinch them down correctly. when you spin them tight the twisting movement that the hose makes packs energy that is always trying to move the fitting lose. that energy is magnified 200 or more times when the hose fills with fluid and the plys stand true. Cant find it in t-paper rolls but light blue kleenX works great at finding leaks. the paper turns dark blue.

here is a thread that has some discussions about possibilities for your leak along the lines David touched on. I hope it is a hose

http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/diesel...eadid=3968

Thanks David. I will post what is discovered. It goes in the shop Jan 5th.
12-30-2014, 01:48
Recall reading somewhere that Baby powder can be used to locate oil leaks. Clean the area, run it for a short time and blow the baby powder over the area. The powder sticks to the oil.

Why does the leak always have to be on the back side of the engine?

Troy & Erica Tikalsky
1985 Wanderlodge PT40
http://www.diyrvguy.com
[+] 1 user Likes Teebone's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)