Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
security 450 LXI
12-11-2014, 22:42
security 450 LXI
Hi
I thought that this on the dash was perhaps a mike and mute button for a phone but never checked into it. Now ,looking into it,there is no phone input or Bluetooth. It is perhaps the mike for the overly complex,unexplained security system. A loud noise (or dog bark !! ) will see off the alarm. Now what does the button do??
In

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 23:47
RE: security 450 LXI
It was a mike for the GM satellite system on the 05s---Onstar

I have it.

Dan

(12-11-2014 22:42)dentmac Wrote:  Hi
I thought that this on the dash was perhaps a mike and mute button for a phone but never checked into it. Now ,looking into it,there is no phone input or Bluetooth. It is perhaps the mike for the overly complex,unexplained security system. A loud noise (or dog bark !! ) will see off the alarm. Now what does the button do??
In

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA
12-12-2014, 00:41
Hi,
Thanks but no onstar here or in the manual. I would have expected some info, card
, free trial, or renewal call since I've had it since new.This mike may be a left over from that but clapping in front of it causes alarm to go off. But nowhere in the alarm system info does it mention sound as a trigger.

(12-11-2014 23:47)Wanderer Wrote:  It was a mike for the GM satellite system on the 05s---Onstar

I have it.

Dan

(12-11-2014 22:42)dentmac Wrote:  Hi
In

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
12-12-2014, 18:47
Its the Mic for your Kenwood radio system. It's for voice commands and the blue tooth phone. follow the wire. It plugs into your radio.

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House
12-12-2014, 20:20 (This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 18:04 by dentmac.)
Mine has /came with a Kenwood KVT 717. No Bluetooth or voice commands. I am hoping that it is part of security system and the button turns off the "loud noise" alarm feature. We can't leave the pup in the RV with security on. One bark = siren.
UPDATE:
I tried locking the coach with the remote , then tapping on that mike--- nothing--- then I clapped.. siren and alarm.

(12-12-2014 18:47)RBBuscher Wrote:  Its the Mic for your Kenwood radio system. It's for voice commands and the blue tooth phone. follow the wire. It plugs into your radio.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
12-19-2014, 16:32
That still not the mic to your alarm. The mike for your alarm looks like the mic in the bed room next to your slide controls. should be up by the floor heat controls on the passenger side.

(12-12-2014 20:20)dentmac Wrote:  Mine has /came with a Kenwood KVT 717. No Bluetooth or voice commands. I am hoping that it is part of security system and the button turns off the "loud noise" alarm feature. We can't leave the pup in the RV with security on. One bark = siren.
UPDATE:
I tried locking the coach with the remote , then tapping on that mike--- nothing--- then I clapped.. siren and alarm.

(12-12-2014 18:47)RBBuscher Wrote:  Its the Mic for your Kenwood radio system. It's for voice commands and the blue tooth phone. follow the wire. It plugs into your radio.

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)