Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prevost Community Fuel Discount Program
09-21-2013, 11:43
RE: Prevost Community Fuel Discount Program
(09-20-2013 14:41)jon Wrote:  I made a mistake and deleted about 3 or 4 Prevost Community registrants because they all had similar addresses and I thought we were being hacked. Turns out the registrations were legit from Livingston TX so if you were among those I deleted, please re-register. I am sorry for this and now that I know why all addresses are the same it won't happen again. Shame on me.

Jon
Prevost Community

Jon,
Many thanks to you and your team for a fabulous opportunity. No need to apologize, running a forum in today's very challenging times can be a daunting experience as the hackers find new and creative ways to scam us all!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pgchin's post
10-12-2013, 23:03
Yesterday I attempted to use my fuel card for the first time. I was at a Loves and I selected the card with the 'L' drawn on it. I inserted the card and was asked several questions about truck or refrigerator diesel fuel or DEF. Once I made my selection it prompted me for my 'Truck ID'; I entered my 'Unit Number' as instructed by Alicia. It then prompted me for my 'Employee ID' and I entered my PIN, again as instructed by Alicia. After a short processing delay the display told me that I 'had exceeded my purchase limit' followed by the word 'fuel'. I tried all combinations of cards and user input and I was always met with the 'exceeded purchase limit' message. I eventually went inside and handed over my credit card and filled up the old fashion way. Has anyone else had a similar experience? While at the pumps I did call Alicia to see if there was a quick fix. As usual she was very helpful but needed more time for investigation.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-30-2014, 09:48 (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 09:50 by davidbrady.)
I tried the PC fuel discount program but I found that many stations aren't in the network; although, I always had good success with Loves. Also, often I want to preserve my cash reserves in my ACH account while traveling and prefer to defer payment via a cc if possible. So it's back to credit cards for me. The PenFed card fixes these two issues and gives a greater discount, especially after fees. Has anyone else come to the same conclusion.

david brady,

09-30-2014, 10:05
We have not found a better deal than the PenFed card used at the Flying J rv pumps. While the pumps are slow, we usually get 100-125 gallons, which is under the dollar limit.

Gregg & Jane Gesse
1994 WLWB 40 Mid-Door
09-30-2014, 12:04
(09-30-2014 10:05)Gregg Wrote:  We have not found a better deal than the PenFed card used at the Flying J rv pumps. While the pumps are slow, we usually get 100-125 gallons, which is under the dollar limit.

PenFed card here. Got tired of fooling around with the others. And I like paying next month for purchases made this month.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
09-30-2014, 12:32 (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 18:39 by travelite.)
Get this,

There may be 5000 stations in the EFS network but the PC program doesn't give a discount at all them; it only guarantees the cash price and for this privilege you're charged a $1.75 fee. According to the fine print on PC, unless it's recently changed, only 68 "Designated Locations" provide a discount and that's only 5 cents off the gallon. If you want 10 cents then you have to stick with Loves. Also if you pump less than 100 gallons you pay a $1.00 fee whether at Loves or at non-love's EFS network stations.

So, for fuel usage so far this year I pumped four times. Here are the results:

Cash price before discount: $2219.24
Discount: $42.12
Fees (including $25 annual renewal): $27.75

For an overall discount of 0.65%, or 2 1/2 cents per gallon off the cash price.

This is for four fuel stops including a very heavily traveled FlyingJ in Carlisle PA which turned out not to be a participating "Discount Network" station. At that location I pumped $595.00 worth of fuel expecting a good discount. Instead I got zero plus a $1.75 transaction fee. Sad

david brady,

09-30-2014, 14:26
Is this with their Platinum Cash Rewards card? Pennfed, that is.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-30-2014, 15:01
(09-30-2014 14:26)Arcticdude Wrote:  Is this with their Platinum Cash Rewards card? Pennfed, that is.

Yes.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
09-30-2014, 15:09 (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 15:24 by travelite.)
This is it here: PenFed.

Curt, are there any restrictions on the card we should no about? Is it accepted at the big 2? Am I guaranteed the 5% at the pump or must I go inside to argue my case? Is it restricted to the RV isle or can it be used at the high speed truck pumps?

Regarding the PC program and my previous example, the credit card price for my fuel would have been $2253.89. If I bought all that fuel via PenFed my discount would be 5% or $112.69. Take away the cash price delta plus discounts offered by the PC program and I'm still ahead of the game by $56.20, and I've deferred payment for 30 days. Obviously the fees charged and the lack of participating EFS stations hurt the PC program.

david brady,

[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
09-30-2014, 15:53
(09-30-2014 15:09)davidbrady Wrote:  This is it here: PenFed.

Curt, are there any restrictions on the card we should no about? Is it accepted at the big 2? Am I guaranteed the 5% at the pump or must I go inside to argue my case? Is it restricted to the RV isle or can it be used at the high speed truck pumps?

Regarding the PC program and my previous example, the credit card price for my fuel would have been $2253.89. If I bought all that fuel via PenFed my discount would be 5% or $112.69. Take away the cash price delta plus discounts offered by the PC program and I'm still ahead of the game by $56.20, and I've deferred payment for 30 days. Obviously the fees charged and the lack of participating EFS stations hurt the PC program.

I forwarded your questions to PenFed. Waiting on their response. Best we hear from PenFed. Will keep you posted.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)