Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M450 AutoGen
08-29-2014, 15:47
M450 AutoGen
I have my M450 parked out front of my home for this week post surgery. I do not have RV power hookup yet so I ordered another dogbone adaptor to go from house to 30 amp to 50 amp. It has not arrived.

Meanwhile, I am topping house batteries with the generator. Unlike my 1995, where the AutoGen switch could be turned on and left to work for as long as you wanted, the behavior of the M450 system appears to be a one shot deal requiring resetting every day, After it runs and shuts down, the AutoGen is off. Works great in starting when needed.

Is this the correct behavior for the M450? I would like to set it ON and not worry for a few days.

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2014, 23:46
RE: M450 AutoGen
Hi,
G
Best wishes for speedy and complete recovery.
I think you are beat on the 24 hour rule. I don't understand the referrence to the optional switch referred to her-- but no doubt not as easy as asking someone to go in daily and press the button "Auto" Use picture here for them ---
http://wanderlodgegurus.com/database/ind...%20control

Regards,
Ross

(08-29-2014 15:47)tcandt Wrote:  I have my M450 parked out front of my home for this week post surgery. I do not have RV power hookup yet so I ordered another dogbone adaptor to go from house to 30 amp to 50 amp. It has not arrived.

Meanwhile, I am topping house batteries with the generator. Unlike my 1995, where the AutoGen switch could be turned on and left to work for as long as you wanted, the behavior of the M450 system appears to be a one shot deal requiring resetting every day, After it runs and shuts down, the AutoGen is off. Works great in starting when needed.

Is this the correct behavior for the M450? I would like to set it ON and not worry for a few days.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
08-30-2014, 00:45
Tom I hope all goes well. is there a way to just power one of the inverter chargers and let the bus run off of the batteries?
I never liked the dogbone adapters, if one of the polarities are backwards you end up pumping 240 right off to everything on one side.
I installed a xantrex truecharge charger only unit aprox $300. to use for storage use and have as a back up charger. A small charger like the 40amp (output) version is a good to have on board for use when the bus is at the shop or docked in storage where there is only 15 amp 110 available. You always go big but here is where it would be good to stay mid to small. as the 40 only draws 7.7 amps max and probably will never trip a shore breaker when you are away and not looking.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
08-31-2014, 23:32 (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 23:35 by Wanderer.)
Tom

Flemming page

http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/intellite...atalog.pdf

autostart manual

http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/intellite...59.000.pdf

The Generator Logic Control (GLC) is a microprocessor based control for automatically starting and stopping a generator at a predetermined time, temperature, or battery voltage. The GLC also has the ability to accept a Monoplex input to add multiple start/stop switches throughout the vehicle for added convenience and versatility.

In the manual mode, a single push of the start/stop button either starts or stops the generator, depending on the state of the generator. A conventional rocker switch can also be used in conjunction with the system.

Pressing the "AUTO" button will set the controller into the auto start mode for 24 hours. In this mode, the GLC monitors the battery voltage and air conditioner thermostat wires. Should the battery voltage drop below 12.1 volts, or the thermostat call for compressor, the generator will be started automatically. If it was started for low battery, the generator will run until the battery voltage has reached 13.3 volts for one hour. If it had started due to the thermostat, the generator will run until the thermostat is met and an additional 10 minutes.

The GLC also has the ability to turn the "AUTO" function on at a certain time by pressing the start time button. When the start time is reached, the GLC will go into "AUTO" mode.

When the "stop time" mode is activated, the generator and the "AUTO" mode will be turned off. This is very useful for "quiet" hours.

To prevent accidental starting of the generator during maintenance, there is an input into the GLC for a safety switch for the generator door. When the generator door is opened, all automatic feature are turned off.

Utilizing the Monoplex input, multiple start/stop switches can be wired into the system for further versatility. With the generator off, hitting any of the monoplex switches will start the generator. With the generator running, hitting the switch will turn off the generator.

When starting the generator, the GLC will energize the start relay for 5 seconds. Should the generator fail to start, the GLC repeats this action for a total of 5 times. After the fifth attempt, ‘GEN FAIL" will be displayed letting the owner know the generator was unable to start.

The GLC also comes with a digital battery voltage meter and an hour meter. Scrolling through the up and down buttons, the different information is displayed on the digital read out.

When in Auto mode, the GLC will control the generator for a 24 hour period. After 24 hours the unit will turn off to prevent accidental running while in storage. There is an optional activity switch input which can be either high or low side. When this switch is activated, the 24 hourtimer begins from the beginning

SPECIFICATIONS
Part Number: 00-00859-000
Normal Input Voltage Range: 10-16 Volts DC
Operating temperature: -40 to +85 C
Short term Over Voltage
Protection:
+24 Volts
Positive Voltage Spike
Protection: +150 Volts
Reverse Voltage Protection to:
-300 Volts

(08-29-2014 23:46)dentmac Wrote:  Hi,
G
Best wishes for speedy and complete recovery.
I think you are beat on the 24 hour rule. I don't understand the referrence to the optional switch referred to her-- but no doubt not as easy as asking someone to go in daily and press the button "Auto" Use picture here for them ---
http://wanderlodgegurus.com/database/ind...%20control

Regards,
Ross

(08-29-2014 15:47)tcandt Wrote:  I have my M450 parked out front of my home for this week post surgery. I do not have RV power hookup yet so I ordered another dogbone adaptor to go from house to 30 amp to 50 amp. It has not arrived.

Fleming Sales Company, Inc.
2101 Industrial Parkway, P.O. Box 277
Elkhart, IN 46515
Phone: (574) 295-0234
Fax: (574) 522-0785

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA
09-05-2014, 15:49 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 16:48 by GregOConnor.)
Tom, I hope all goes well this week.
PS: Let Carol know we are in the market for a newer bus.
Greg

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)