Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Smokey!
12-28-2013, 14:26
RE: Goodbye Smokey!
David , she is a fine LXI my friend , the new owners need to turn the key and hit the road . she will bring many smiles, I am sure Smile good luck replacing her , you will need it lol

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes al perna's post
12-28-2013, 14:55
Thanks for sharing all your upgrades and maintenance tips on your '02 over the years. You've been a great example to us and I'm sure many others. The bus is a one of a kind and know the new owners couldn't feel better.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
[+] 2 users Like timetravelers's post
12-29-2013, 00:35
(12-28-2013 14:55)timetravelers Wrote:  Thanks for sharing all your upgrades and maintenance tips on your '02 over the years. You've been a great example to us and I'm sure many others. The bus is a one of a kind and know the new owners couldn't feel better.

Great post. Smile David truly has been an inspiration, a problem solver, an inventor, a mentor to so many including myself. He was why we ended up buying a Bird. We owe him a debt of gratitude for his so many selfless contributions to the Bluebird family and his personal help to us.

I hope wherever he and Suzanne choose next
to venture is a lot of fun, but that it won't be too far away from this family.

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
[+] 1 user Likes Ms. Bee's post
12-29-2013, 11:33
David,
Congratulations on the adoption placement of your "pride and joy"!Smile Undoubtedly one of the best maintained LXI's in the stable. I am sure the new "adoptive parents" are thrilled!
Thank you for your MANY years of contributions, insights, and engineering inventions for the Wanderlodge community. I'm thrilled you decided to stick around to continue to help us out!
May the New Year provide many wonderful and new adventures for you and your family. Please take us along for the ride when you have time!Wink

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
[+] 1 user Likes pgchin's post
12-30-2013, 10:23
Thanks Jennifer and Morey for the heartfelt words; I do appreciate it. It's been my pleasure to serve. I continue to love these wonderful machines, the folks who own them, and this forum, and I'll continue to support all the above to the best of my abilities.

It's so true Al! Smokey's ready for a cross country trip and always has been. She has lots of smiles-per-gallon in her tank to keep the next owners grinning from ear-to-ear! Now the search is on for a bus that will better accommodate my family of five!

You bet Pete! I'll take everyone along. Our first stop is a trip to Tampa for the SuperRV Show on the 13th of January. We'll see where that takes us. Stay tuned for my take on what's happening in the RV industry!

Thank you everyone for your support and friendship!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
12-30-2013, 11:51
David,

Seems like you need one of those Newells or Milleniums with the bunks.

We'd like to meet up with you at the SuperShow. Let us know your schedule and maybe we can get together for moment, or for dinner, lunch, whatever. e-mail rrueckwald@aol.com Cell 269-313-2586

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
12-31-2013, 02:59 (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 03:01 by mhughes01.)
(12-30-2013 11:51)rrueckwald Wrote:  David,

Seems like you need one of those Newells or Milleniums with the bunks.

We'd like to meet up with you at the SuperShow. Let us know your schedule and maybe we can get together for moment, or for dinner, lunch, whatever. e-mail rrueckwald@aol.com Cell 269-313-2586

Our '99 had bunks for a time, but they were removed in advance if us buying her. In their place, double bathroom sinks and the washer dryer cabinet. The wood work was apparently done by Amish in PA to match the factory cabinetry perfectly.

We almost wish they had left the bunks for our three girls. They get by with the double lounges, but would have been happier to have two in bunks. Of course they are all over 18 now and seldom travel with us. Even a Bird cramps their style I guess. Although I was told it would make a great "grad limo".

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)