Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
06-28-2013, 14:37
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge
(06-28-2013 14:20)Arcticdude Wrote:  The doors may need some extra help closing. I know the Dometic will NOT stay closed without the latch. ANY right turn swings it open.

Corey,

What was the thing that scorched the wood? I mean I know the reefer, but that's high enough up, there shouldn't have been that much heat. My flame is small enough that it would take a long time of propane burning to get things that hot that high up.
The wood was scorched by the propane exhaust, I'm pretty sure. Considering that BlueBird built an airtight case around the Dometic and that there are unregulated openings on top and bottom, I'll bet certain conditions create a pretty updraft that could easily promote overheating despite the basic "throttle" on the propane air inlet. In any case, this is scary stuff considering the limited amount of use my coach has had. That amount of scorching easily could have ignited the plywood and then it would have been off to the races with unlimited air fueling it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge - gondolaguy - 06-28-2013 14:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)