Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Blue Ox - a cautionary tale
06-26-2021, 00:29 (This post was last modified: 06-26-2021 00:38 by mbulriss.)
RE: Done with Blue Ox - a cautionary tale
Urnie,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I tried to warn everyone to get rid of Blue Ox. Most of my travels today involve a stacker trailer, but for toads I moved up to a Demco Excali-bar II (10,500 lb rated) to tow my Hummer and have been very pleased with it. It’s a very solid built product. As easy, or easier, to hook up as the Blue Ox was. I’ll never use Blue Ox anything again. If you have one of their brake controllers, get rid of that also. You’ve been warned. But that’s another story. The Demco is pricey but you won’t be repairing your bus and toad because of it. No opinion on Roadmaster since I haven’t used their hitches, but the height leveler I used with the Blue Ox was a Roadmaster product. It bent up pretty badly when the Blue Ox tow bar broke, but it didn’t break.
Update: I see that there is now a Demco Excali-bar III listed for use with Blue Ox base plates on the toad. I saw that at etrailer.com but I’m sure it’s available at many others. I already had Demco base plates on the Hummer so I used the Excali-bar II.
Best regards,

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Done with Blue Ox - a cautionary tale - mbulriss - 06-26-2021 00:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)