Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
07-30-2010, 23:57
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
P.S.
The Amperage of the charger is irrelevant unless you,
A, run everything in the bus at once
B, need to charge the snot out of the batteries for the first 10 minutes.
After the first 10 or 15 minutes of wicked inrush current, the batteries will float up enough to drop the rate dramatically soo the higher Amperage chargers only live longer due to less stress and really have nothing to do with the charge rate of the batteries unless it is one of those stupid automotive chargers set to roast which is actually charging at 16 or more volts which burns up the plates, all your electronics, and makes the little meter dance the watusi.
Gary 85pt40

--- On Sat, 7/24/10, wl89spman wrote:

Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] 89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 1:43 AM

My SP has 2 PD9155's(55 amps each).They don't charge batterys high enough(11-11.5v). If I replace them do I need 2 or can I get one that is 80amps. Do most coaches have 2 chargers/converters? I have a sw in the shore power door that is labled HIand LO.I understand that it selects one(LO)or both(hi).Does everybody have this sw? And where do you leave the sw positioned? How many AMPS do I need for a charger/conveter?

Thanks for any help

Ed Gardels 89SP

Arlington, Texas

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed? - GARY MINKER - 07-30-2010 23:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)