Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi and LX)
03-06-2014, 12:41 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 12:45 by davidbrady.)
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi)
Even without Hadley, you still get roll resistance thru the front air springs. I didn't mean to down play this effect. It takes time for the air pressure in the outside spring to bleed into the inside spring during a turn. In a steady state circular path at some point all the air bleeds and pressure is equalized, but for most every day driving conditions, moose maneuvers, clover leaves, the out side air spring is providing instantaneous roll resistance. But, unlike Hadley, roll deflection is required before resistance is generated; i.e., springs need to deflect before they can resist the roll of the bus. With an anti-sway bar you can generate more resistance with less lean. Unfortunately the inside air spring offers no resistance to roll. With leaf spring suspension, both springs offer roll resistance, both the outside spring as well as the inside in a turn. Some truck suspension manufacturers use a semi-elliptical leaf spring in conjunction with their air springs to generate spring force on rebound and to improve roll stability.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi) - JD33 - 08-29-2013, 16:54
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi) - pgchin - 11-06-2013, 11:08
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi) - davidbrady - 03-06-2014 12:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)