Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-14-2013, 20:47
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
(07-14-2013 18:56)davidmbrady Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 17:40)gondolaguy Wrote:  Are you sure you don't have fans? My Dometic had two large capacity 12V fans on the back of the appliance.

I checked Corey and my Dometic NDR1292 doesn't have any fans. I took the cover off the vent on the roof and got a good look down the compartment - the condenser is in plain view. I also took the side panel off and with the help of a mirror and a strong flashlight I got a good look up the compartment. All the coils, condenser, and piping look good - clean, no rust, and good paint. My fridge has always worked well. It could be that by 2002 BB got the compartment specs right. There was good flow of hot air coming out the roof vent. In 9 years I've never turned my fridge off. The theory is that this keeps the rust inhibitors mixed and flowing keeping corrosion from forming on the inside of the cooling unit.
Vewwy intewesting!

I'm willing to bet our compartments are identical, I don't believe BB had my compartment wrong either. The standard plastic lower vent found on most RVs with the gas/ab reefer - standard upper oval vent about 18/20 inches long?

See view of fans: İmage

Also, rust may not be visible, see back side of my cooling unit: İmage
My cooling unit looks really clean too, and I ran it pretty constantly. I would sooner think Dometic or luck are the real differences. Surprised about the fans though.......HuhDodgy

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge - gondolaguy - 07-14-2013 20:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)