Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-10-2013, 10:40 (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 10:46 by davidbrady.)
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
Hi Corey,

It really sips power. It's approximately equivalent to leaving a 90W light bulb turned on 24 by 7! Our LXi's are very well equipped to handle this refrigerator. I don't know anything about their dual compressor technology. Maybe others can fill us in here.

It's interesting how long the battery bank takes to restore itself to 100 SOC. It's the Absorption stage. The Bulk stage only takes the batteries to 80% then Absorption kicks in. The trouble is, the refrigerator didn't deplete the charge to below 80%, so almost all the charge time is in Absorption which is slow. Absorption is constant voltage; Bulk is constant current. Bulk can force in 280A (our LXi charger capacity) for as long as the battery voltage stays below 14.3V. Absorption maintains a constant 14.3 by reducing charging current appropriately. I suppose you don't have to bring them to 100 SOC. you could run from 65% to 80% which would do almost all of the charging in the Bulk stage. This would reduce your genny runtime considerably.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge - davidbrady - 07-10-2013 10:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)