Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-05-2013, 08:18 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 08:21 by gondolaguy.)
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge
(07-04-2013 16:55)davidmbrady Wrote:  It looks really clean Corey. Thanks for the photo update. How much vent room on either side of the cavity will the RF197 leave you?

Back to the fire box for a moment - does it look like the reefer cavity in our LXi's is large enough to wrap the entire thing in Hardie Backerboard (for the dometic and nor cold crowd)?
Concerning the vent room on the sides, the new fridge wouldn't fit in the exact cavity left bu the Dometic. It is about .25" wider and 3.5" taller (as I recall). Because there are actually two boxes built for the Dometic (to create the aforementioned sealed box), removal of the inner box gave me and extra 3" to play with (this is the cavity you see in the previous pics). Therefore, I expect 3" -.25" = 2.75"/2=1.375" of air space on each side of fridge. There new fridges seem to do all their cooling and exhaust from the front/bottom of the unit, so I feel there is no issue there. The extra height will be gotten from the removal of the top little cabinet (it was useless anyway). Here is a close up of the front of the cabinet that shows the space gained on one side (with the inner box, the plywood was flush with the side of the opening). İmage There will also be some air space in the rear. The biggest question mark left is how to secure it in its new nest????????????HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

(07-04-2013 16:55)davidmbrady Wrote:  It looks really clean Corey. Thanks for the photo update. How much vent room on either side of the cavity will the RF197 leave you?

Back to the fire box for a moment - does it look like the reefer cavity in our LXi's is large enough to wrap the entire thing in Hardie Backerboard (for the dometic and nor cold crowd)?
Concerning the vent room on the sides, the new fridge wouldn't fit in the exact cavity left bu the Dometic. It is about .25" wider and 3.5" taller (as I recall). Because there are actually two boxes built for the Dometic (to create the aforementioned sealed box), removal of the inner box gave me and extra 3" to play with (this is the cavity you see in the previous pics). Therefore, I expect 3" -.25" = 2.75"/2=1.375" of air space on each side of fridge. There new fridges seem to do all their cooling and exhaust from the front/bottom of the unit, so I feel there is no issue there. The extra height will be gotten from the removal of the top little cabinet (it was useless anyway). Here is a close up of the front of the cabinet that shows the space gained on one side (with the inner box, the plywood was flush with the side of the opening). İmage There will also be some air space in the rear. The biggest question mark left is how to secure it in its new nest????????????HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

So, the only way I see you doing a complete wrap of hardie board, is to remove the inner plywood and replace with the Hardie board.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge - gondolaguy - 07-05-2013 08:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)