Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michigan-upper peninsular
08-19-2013, 11:15 (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 11:46 by pgchin.)
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular
FINALLY,
After being among the "yoopers" as a true tourist, I got 4G coverage!!!!Tongue So, the boat show had 120 entries and a racer named "Antoinette" won best of show, it was built in the mid nineteen hundreds for the mayor of Detroit to race with.
First 6 more shots from the boat show, this time some eye candy for the engine heads!Wink yes that is a floating picnic table!
7- shot out my front window at Loonspoint RV park 4 miles from the show in Cedarville, we had a great view of the lake from our lakeside spot and watched all the wooden boats "play" in the water after and before the show all week long- where Waldo was staying
8- Freighter passing between Drummond Island and the town of De Tour on its way to the SOO locks
9- Some "fog" rolling off the lake at Detour
10- The Mac bridge from "Castle Rock", on I75 Yes we climbed it with the Dogs and they got a biscuit as a treat from the attraction owners, well, 1 climbed, but the disabled one got a Taxi Ride from me!

And,
at the request of David for some more pics that I am just mess'in around with the camera while being a tourista.........
11-Lighthouse and Marina in the old town section of St. Ignace. We got a couple of fish baskets to go and sat in the marina picnic tables eating lunch with the "boys" with a killer view of Mac Island
12-14 Mac bridge from the "straits" state park overlook after our picnic.......we purchased an annual state park pass for 30 bucks so we could go into any park we want.....8 bucks a time so you may want to consider that if you do the tourist thing up here. Last one was a freighter passing under the Mac, we got really lucky this trip and saw freighters EVERYWHERE!Big Grin
15-17 Sunset last night at our new place, another lakeside park....stay tuned for the answer next week!Wink hint we are on Lake superior.......
last - this am a view from the salon of the bus, I posted these to show even though we DO NOT have a lakeside spot this time, with a bus and the "high Floor", just about ANY spot has a view!Tongue Yep...... BIRDS ROCK!!!!!!!

FWIW, I usually do not do a trip report but I wanted to show the power of WAGU..... we threw this trip together in 1 day after I got the PTO done, no planning, never been here. We were just going to stay home this summer. We looked at the US weather and I told Donna, if we go SOMEWHERE, I WANT A COOLER TEMP, she said Michigan was the place to be as the Pacific Northwest was twice the fuel cost!!!! Only two places cool this year............ I casually asked a question about Michigan on WAGU, Jack kindly responded...... last minute reservations or none at all..........result "killer spontaneous unplanned vacation"!!!!!!! A big THANKS to Jack, David, and Mike and the members!!!!! This can happen to you!!!!!!! All you have to do is ask a question on WAGU!!!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 05-30-2013, 13:17
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 08-19-2013 11:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)