Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michigan-upper peninsular
07-16-2013, 15:08 (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 15:18 by pgchin.)
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular
Jack,
Can't thank you enough!Big Grin We're currently in MI, "trolling it" and heading for the upper peninsula. We're booked for pictured Rocks, Boat show and the locks at the city RV park!Tongue Currently hold up in the "burbs" of Detroit while I work for 3 days! Funny story for you and the crew.... So I drive MANY hours on Sunday, get off to find the RV park ,dog tired,....... TINY burbs roads!Rolleyes Uh-OH, NO street signs and we MISS the last road to the RV park! 1/2 block after the missed turn , up pops the Ford Rawsonville Road Plant!Idea Donna says, gee too bad you can't drive through the executive circular drive / parking right out front! We could just roll in and roll out back to the turn road in the circular drive! Now, it's Sunday and the executive lot is empty and I "think" the plant is closed, so I say, "says you, watch me".Yep in one circular drive and line the 65 foot rig (Bus and toad) in tow right in front of the parking lot and Ford plant sign!Angel "Drive like a pro"!!! Wink inches to spare on both sides! Don't want to scape my new sneakers! So while Donna calls the campground to make sure we indeed needed to go back one street, out front is a BEAUTIFUL area of soft grass and HUGE shade trees, the dogs have been in the bus for hours so I take them out for a Romp in REAL GRASS, not that Florida crabweed crap and they have a ball!Tongue On my way out, I realize not only is the plant open on Sunday and the side parking lot is full of cars with a guard shack but the building was occupied!Blush We were probably the topic "de Jour" at the Plant water cooler Monday am about how those crazy Floridiot "gray hairs" thought the executive plant parking lot was an RV rest area!!!!! Teehee...gotta love it! I guess age does have it's rewards and you can still do stupid things!! It truly is an adventure and a journey!!!!! Decades later I'm still love'in it!!! Gee, I wonder if we are on utube!Cool
PS Will attach some pics when we get up there of the locks and boats! I LOVE wooden boats and HUGE ships!
PSS If you are ever in Detroit for the Ford Museum or Motown doing the tourist thing and "Dim sum" is your "thing" the Shangri-la Chinese Restaurant either in West Bloomfield or downtown Detroit has some of the best I've had outside of Downtown NY when I was a kid!Wink Awesome stuff!!!
PSS and the toad was a Chevy NOT a Ford so you KNOW dad gum well my name was MUD!!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 05-30-2013, 13:17
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 07-16-2013 15:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)