Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michigan-upper peninsular
06-02-2013, 12:40
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular
(06-01-2013 11:51)jackvdb@gmail.com Wrote:  Pete and Donna, 2-3 years ago we spent some time in the U. P. (upper peninsular) with 3 other coaches. Lots to do and see. At the east end try for the little town of Hessel. A wooden boat show that attracts 130 classics. 3 days Aug. 9-11
Spend a little time in Sault Staint Marie and watch the great lake freighters lock through. If you time it right you'll see 1,000 ft ships. There is a web site to check on ship traffic.
There are nice parks in Munising, see Pictured Rocks, Marquette, Houghton, take a copper mine tour, drive up to Copper Harbor, see Lake of the Clouds in Ontonagon, , and Fayette, an old pig iron harbor.
The weather is usually in the 70's day time. Evenings are cool and great for camp fires. Be sure to try the miner's lunch. They're called
pasties, a "hot pocket with meat, potatoes, and veggies."
Oh, and if you can pronounce all the towns correctly you are from Michigan. The U-pers call us lower peninsular people "trolls" because we live beneath "the Bridge".

Jack,
MANY Thanks! Just what we were looking for!Big GrinTongue we've never been and nothing like getting a first hand recommendation from a member that has been there and done that!!!! You are the best!!!! Many thanks! We'll take ALL your suggestions, I LOVE watching the freighters and locks!!!!!!! We're looking for some "cooler weather"........too,too hot in Florida right now!!!!!!!!Rolleyes BTW I LOVE the line about the "trolls" that is so funny!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin And I doubt I will be able to pronounce ANY of the towns correctly but I'll give'er a go when we get there!

John, thanks, yeah we use rvreviews religiously!Wink Thanks again for the tip!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 05-30-2013, 13:17
RE: Michigan-upper peninsular - pgchin - 06-02-2013 12:40