Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings
09-16-2013, 13:12 (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 13:48 by pgchin.)
RE: 41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings
(09-16-2013 10:17)rrueckwald Wrote:  Thanks, Pete. I have the 9.00" rims. I got the only numbers off the axle and called Rockwell (Meritor) who did not recognize the numbers. I wonder if Ridewell would? This bus has a heavy Girard awning factory installed, so I am thinking BB must have taken care of the front axle GAWR. Or not.

On my '95 I bought the build file from Parliament, but the axle information was not in it. I am reluctant to do it again as there was very little info of value in that file.

I am currently collecting VIN and chassis numbers around early 2000 coaches to see if I can bracket mine. It is F128626, but an unknown manufacture date.
Ron,
If it were me I'd call Ridewell and see if they can explain the differences between a 14.6 and a 16k front axle. Then see if you can match up your components. Alvin Meditor has been no help to me in the past on Ibeams but Ridewell has.
http://www.ridewellcorp.com/home.html
"Bracketing" is a good task to do for the group and this thread can be used to do it if all LXI's owners list body numbers and years HOWEVER be aware just because you "fall" into a bracket does NOT necessarily mean you will have that axle.....Wink As an example, you could fall into 1 bracket and the PO did an upgrade that is not documented or a bus was ordered with not as many options and the factory used a lower rated axle(each one of these things were custom ordered and custom built)........... The best info would be in the differences from 14.6-16k from Ridewell so you can look at actual components to see what you do or do not have. FWIW ,as I said in the past, IBEAM's are old technology decades old and built rock solid..... not much there but attachment points, king pins, ball joints, tie rods and associated connectors, etc........ I'd love to know what they say........Wink with only a 1400LB differential, I'd doubt much was changed besides rims , tie rod ends, and tires but that is just a SWAG!Tongue

PS If you got a blue box form the PO, then there is a spec sheet enclosed listing the axles' part numbers and serial numbers from Ridewell as well as being on the axles themselves.

PSS Suggestion to help you: As a trial Balloon to my theory above maybe you and David B can list your tie rod end part numbers and let's see if they are the same or different as David has a 16k axle??????? Tie Rod ends are the "weakest" chain the link so if they upgraded components, they'd surely start there...........

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings - pgchin - 09-16-2013 13:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)