Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings
09-16-2013, 10:17
RE: 41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings
(09-15-2013 12:56)pgchin Wrote:  Ron,
As suggested, when you are snowbirding this year, maybe parliament will have your info. If not, another idea is to pull the serial number off the axle and call the manufacturer and see if they can tell you what it shipped to bluebird with.....FWIW 14600-16000 is only 1400lbs total or 700 per side so if I was a betting man and willing to take a SWAG, I'd say beefier tie rod ends, thicker tie rods, 9 inch rims, 315's, etc..... with the ball joints, bearings, etc being the same. I bet the manufacturer can at least tell you that much I.E. the differences between 14.6 and 16...... good luck and please post the results when you find out for the benefit of others.
FWIW at 14.6 I am running 8.25's and 12r's like your old 95 with the rims being the component in the entire assembly with the lowest number........... and when these things are assembled, the component in the assembly with the "lowest rating" usually sets the "total" rating for the ENTIRE assembly........... when in doubt, set the bird up for the lower number and you can never go wrong until you can verify...........Wink

Thanks, Pete. I have the 9.00" rims. I got the only numbers off the axle and called Rockwell (Meritor) who did not recognize the numbers. I wonder if Ridewell would? This bus has a heavy Girard awning factory installed, so I am thinking BB must have taken care of the front axle GAWR. Or not.

On my '95 I bought the build file from Parliament, but the axle information was not in it. I am reluctant to do it again as there was very little info of value in that file.

I am currently collecting VIN and chassis numbers around early 2000 coaches to see if I can bracket mine. It is F128626, but an unknown manufacture date.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41',43' LXi Gross Axle Weight Ratings - rrueckwald - 09-16-2013 10:17

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)