Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitel monitoring system
06-04-2013, 10:28
RE: Digitel monitoring system
on a similar note....i installed geothermal heating and air conditioning at my cabin in northern arizona. i wanted a way to monitor its status and control it remotely so i could heat it up before arriving.

i do not have internet there so had to use phone lines. i found an older set up and used it for a few years but it was limited in its capability and failed often. i did the research and found a high end honeywell system that i installed a couple of years ago and it is really nice. it allows remote monitoring and control of the hvac system and will call me if the power goes out (which it does quite a bit up there), calls me whenever there is a system issue and will call me back when the power comes back on etc. when i call it, it will give me the humidity, the temp and the status of the system and i can change anything remotely. it gets to 0 in the winter and i keep it at 50 to keep things from freezing in the cabin. so it is nice to have it a nice 72 when we get there. and if i forget to turn it down when we leave, i just call and do it.

works out nice as my kids and their friends and family go up so i can just take care of that for them.

a couple of years ago my wife and i did a work assignment and lived in tel aviv israel. the unit called me on my cell phone there and alerted me to a problem. i then had a neighbor go check it out.

anyway, thought you might be amused by it. david, just make sure any sans you do will work in my newell too.....

tom

2002 Two Slide Newell Coach 608 DD Series 60, Allison 6 speed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 05-30-2013, 19:43
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 06-03-2013, 21:05
RE: Digitel monitoring system - encantotom - 06-04-2013 10:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)