Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitel monitoring system
06-03-2013, 21:05 (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 21:05 by nedb.)
RE: Digitel monitoring system
(05-21-2013 20:06)mikebulriss Wrote:  In summary, I am hoping David's SAN work can reproduce a new version of the Little Man. Maybe some of you guys with older coaches with a functioning Digitel can fill David in on some of the other features that this system monitored.

So the Digitel voice was a Steven Hawking kind of computer voice? Like, this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcaezclC8lo

The EMIC voice on YouTube requires careful listening. It seems to me to require a great deal of mental effort to get the message from a Hawking kind of synthesized voice.

A more natural "human" voice might be easier to understand. I guess the HAL 2000 voice in 2001:A Space Oddysey is what I'd prefer.
Considering the finite number of things it would need to say, I'm surprised Wanderlodge didn't go for a recorded voice like HAL.

American Express used to have a female voice on their customer support phone line that was so pleasant I used to call it just to listen. Wish I had an example of it, it had a kind of "Terry Gross" quality (if you know what I mean, the NPR voice on "All Things Considered"), but was clearly intended to be an impersonal computer speaking. I think it was reprocessed voice recording.

An updated Digitel should speak less like EMIC, more like the American Express voice, IMHO.

-------
Ned Bedinger
Southworth, WA
'91 SP36 +1988.5 Samurai
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 05-30-2013, 19:43
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 06-03-2013 21:05

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)