Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sensor Area Networks (SANs)
06-29-2013, 14:20
RE: Sensor Area Networks (SANs)
Granted the Pool Temp page may not look like much but what it's doing is nothing short of amazing. Every time you load the page or click on "Refresh Temperature" your browser sends out an HTTP Get request to the Device Cloud, but the request first goes to a proxy on WaGu where your Device Cloud username and password are retrieved. The proxy then forwards the request to the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud accesses your account, identifies your gateway device data storage and presents it with the HTTP Get for the particular resource requested. The Device Cloud has this data because your Arduino Sensor Area Network in your bus is periodically forwarding i/o data samples to the Device Cloud using services provided by your ZigBee Gateway. The Device Cloud responds to the request with an XML document which it sends to WaGu. The proxy on WaGu forwards the XML document to your browser where JQuery code running on your browser parses the document and outputs the data in an HTML table. Whew!

All the building blocks are there to make it richer with more sensor data and fancier with more charts, plots, tables, graphs, and gauges! Stay Tuned!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sensor Area Networks (SANs) - davidbrady - 06-29-2013 14:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)