Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the right time to retire
04-16-2013, 10:03 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 10:05 by pgchin.)
RE: When is the right time to retire
Thanks for everyone's contributions!Big Grin Keep'em coming!
George, Kudo's to you! You succinctly summarized about every article I've read on the subject into clear concise recommendations!!!! Thanks so much!
I want to back up George's first comment about "people do not give enough thought and planning to the subject". I read that all the time and here is a article from yesterday's US new's to back George up!
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/the-...or-boomers

Tom, congrats to you on starting phase 2, the fun years!!!!!Big GrinTongue Have a ball, and yes like you and George both said fun times in the buses await and are good for you! It clears the head!

Chuck, ROTFLMAO!Big Grin I have a close high school pal that retired from the corporate world last November and when he emailed me, that line about sitting in a rocking chair on the porch and he was too young was the first line in the email!!! So when I saw it in your post I almost choked on my coffee with laughter!Big Grin Sorry ole pal, I do not write the dictionary BUT I do agree with your views wholeheartedly! There is definitely a "stigma" attached to the word. Personally I just "truck on". I see no reason to hide it or be ashamed, I just want to provide an awareness of the fact that you need SOME kind of plan and to start thinking about it no matter your station or plan!Big Grin

Dave, yes I miss the development days also.......BEST time of my life!!!!! Really!!! Well, hopefully I can add "so far"!!!!!!!!! in phase 1!Wink

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When is the right time to retire - pgchin - 04-16-2013 10:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)