Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters
06-29-2009, 15:33
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters
Pete,

How did you get behind that mirror just above the curbside top drawer in your bedroom? I have looked at mine and I don't see any way to get behind them.

Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

--- On Mon, 6/29/09, Pete Masterson wrote:
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 9:57 PM

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Ron Thompson wrote:

<snip>
The Inverter panels are located on the same wall as the dead outlet but closer to the front. They are mounted one above the other. The lower one is the one that is dead. No indicator lights at all and the switch is on. I checked in the battery compartment
where the coach batteries are located. The two Inverters are located at the top behind a screw lock door. I lowered the door and checked the pop out breakers on the front of the Inverters and all were OK with none of them popped out. One of the Inverters was very warn to the touch but the other one was not cold but was just a little warm. Probably from conduction from the other Inverter. I didn't see any easy to reset the cold inverter. I did turn the power switch off on it and waited a minute or so then turned it back on with no positive results.
Ok this is a "bad sign" that the inverter isn't getting any power. Make sure the signal wires are connected to the batteries. They are very light weight wires hooked to a couple of the battery terminals. However, they're probably not the problem. There are
some electrical things on the curb side accessible through the "grill door" to the engine side/battery compartment on the engine side of the bulkhead. I'm not sure what all that stuff is, but it's worth checking to ensure that there are no loose wires.
I didn't see anything else to check out on them so closed them up and looked for the transfer switch which I found in the bay on the road side where the Aqua Hot system is located. It was mounted on the right wall of that bay in a metal box about 8 or 10 inches square and labled, Transfer Switch.
Ah... I have one of those boxes. No label, however. No clue what's inside. I'd
be sure the I'm disconnected from shore power -and- remove the negative cables from the battery posts before opening that one up. I'm guessing "shock hazard inside."
There were no switches on control devices on the outside of the case. There was a coil type device on the bottom the case but I couldn't see what it was from the angle I had to view it. It looked as if you would have to remove
the box and take off the cover to see what it was.
If I had a schematic and a location diagram I might have some luck in identifying why that outlet by the drivers seat is not working. Three days ago it was working because I had my camera charger plugged into it and it worked fine for that.
I got a ton of schematics -- but I can't tell what's wh!
at. I do
n't think I have anything that looks like 120v circuits -- all the diagrams I have looks like 12 v.
That is about as far as I have gotten with it so far, Pete. Your ideas were very good and did remind me to check those GFI's

As far as that cedar lined closet goes. I do have four breakers that are not in the closet but on the floor just under the right hand
drawer that is just below the TV that is mounted above it. All four of the breakers were on and not tripped. I reset all four of them just in case but it did not change anything.
Inside the closet on the right side down low near the floor of the closet is a removable felt covered panel. Behind it is a bunch of small relays or miniature breakers
which I have no idea what they are for. I did visually check them out and did not see any thing out of the ordinarry.
That's all 12vdc stuff. There's another power center toward the top (in my coach). Your floor plan sounds different in some respects. My inverter breakers are on the curb side. The main 120 VAC power panel is behind a mirror just above the curb-side drawer.
<
br>
Is there another panel in that closet. I did not see a panel that was wooden that could be removed unless you are talking about the whole back wall of the closet.
Yes, I'm talking about the "whole" back wall of the closet. There are two visible screws next to a small gap. At the top of the panel is
a gray felt covered wood strip. Remove that strip (6 screws hidden in the felt) and you'll find another little gap and another 6 screws. Behind that whole back wall of the closet is a set of 8 or 9 120 VAC relays and some other wires down in the bottom of the hidden compartment.
This is about all I can tell you at this point. I am no closer to a solution than I was this
morning.
The lack of schematics and location diagrams is the problem. I am an experienced electronic tech and can trouble shoot very well from a schematic and location diagrams.

There is one thing I have learned about these birds, There is no easy project. They all are complicated and time consuming.
You got that right!
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 03:56
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-29-2009, 06:16
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 07:05
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - thewrench1963 - 06-29-2009, 07:07
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 08:12
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-29-2009, 08:55
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - thewrench1963 - 06-29-2009, 09:14
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 10:31
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 10:42
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-29-2009, 14:57
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009 15:33
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 16:12
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Wayne Kotila - 06-29-2009, 16:19
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Gregory OConnor - 06-29-2009, 16:28
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-29-2009, 16:33
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Don Bradner - 06-29-2009, 17:48
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - martingregg598 - 06-30-2009, 04:04
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-30-2009, 04:28
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-30-2009, 04:38
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-30-2009, 04:40
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-30-2009, 05:28
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Pete Masterson - 06-30-2009, 05:48
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-30-2009, 05:49
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ralph L. Fullenwider - 06-30-2009, 06:41
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Kurt Horvath - 06-30-2009, 07:38
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - martingregg598 - 06-30-2009, 08:33
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Wayne Kotila - 06-30-2009, 15:18
New problem,,,,lost one of my Freedom Inverters - Ron Thompson - 06-30-2009, 18:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)