Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
06-18-2009, 00:48
Ron:

I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can
relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a
week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I
was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant.
In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about
2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.

Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the
coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to
me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through
compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be
behind it.

As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and it
has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is closed.

FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them
around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even
placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.

That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and
the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be
around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we
should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.

I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no one
has a clue as to what it is for.

Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating, yet exciting world of Blue Birds.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find your LP schematic.

Safe travels!

Tommy
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2009, 01:26
Tommy,
Thanks, its encouraging to talk with someone who has the same frustrations that I have.

One of the problems that I had with this coach is the Bird Box had been stripped of all the schematics and critical technical information. Probably by the technicians where it was located on consignment when i purchased it. I won't mention the name of the place.

With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and there were a couple of items there but not any that would help with my problem. Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces, NM.

There is an RV service place right next door to the park
I am in but not one BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.

As long as I am on shore power I am in good shape. But when on the road my generator won't run more than 5 mins at a time. I think that the fuel supply circuit may have lost its prime, or the fuel filter is prohibiting the flow of fuel and only lets a small amount gradually seep through which explains the running for 5 mins. But thats another problem.

This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and destroyed an expensive aluminum rim.

But, I shall prevail.

Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, tommy.rountree wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 7:48 AM

Ron:

I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant. In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about 2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.

Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be behind it.

As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and it has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is closed.

FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.

That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.

I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no one has a clue as to what it is for.

Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating, yet exciting world of Blue Birds.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find your LP schematic.

Safe travels!

Tommy

06-18-2009, 02:03
OK, Ron:

I called Kenny Rodgers, former BB tech now working for Coachcraft in Columbus,
GA.

Your manual cut-off valve for your 95 WB is behind a 2'x2' plate midway up the
wall in the second compartment street side. Since you do not have a wash
station, there should be a bay door where my small wash station door is located.
Kenny says, unscrew and remove that plate and right there on the LPG tank will
sit your manual cut-off valve.

See if you can find this.

FYI, In addition to this excellent forum there are two other outstanding forums
(or is it forii) - Wanderlodge Owners Online (which I belong to and support - it
is a dues paying forum) and Wanderlodge Owners Group is a free forum. I belong
to all these groups and read them several times a day. It will speed your
learning curve and save you many $$$$$ and sleepless nights.

There are numerous articles on these forums about your genny issues. I strong
recommend you get on these groups if you have not already done so.

Tommy
06-18-2009, 02:17
Tommy,

I assume that you are talking about the bay where the water inlet, Waste Control and Water controls are. I will check that out thoroughly. But I don;t remember a 2' x 2' removable plate being there. In fact I have photo's on this forum if you want to look at them and I am sure that there is one of that bay you are talking about.

Anyway its breakfast time here and I am heading for the feed trough. Be back in 45 min.

I will open that bay on the way though and check it out.

Thanks for sticking with me through this problem. Its appreciated.

Oh, I do belong to those other groups but must admit I have not been faithful at checking on them. Reason being tht this is the first time that I have had Bird out for the last year. I have so many other projects going, 4 homes to take care of,
business in Louisiana and timber lands that constantly require attention. I intend to be making more trips though.

Thanks for all your help and kudo's to all the others that have responded. Its very much appreciated.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 9:03 AM

OK, Ron:

I called Kenny Rodgers, former BB tech now working for Coachcraft in Columbus, GA.

Your manual cut-off valve for your 95 WB is behind a 2'x2' plate midway up the wall in the second compartment street side. Since you do not have a wash station, there should be a bay door where my small wash station door is located. Kenny says, unscrew and remove that plate and right there on the LPG tank will sit your manual cut-off valve.

FYI, In addition to this excellent forum there are two other outstanding forums (or is it forii) - Wanderlodge Owners Online (which I belong to and support - it is a dues paying forum) and Wanderlodge Owners Group is a free forum. I belong to all these groups and read them several times a day. It will speed your learning curve and save you many $$$$$ and sleepless nights.

There are numerous articles on these forums about your genny issues. I strong recommend you get on these groups if you have not already done so.

Tommy

06-18-2009, 02:20
Tommy,

Forgot to mention my photo's are in the photo section of the forum. flatpik 2007.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

OK, Ron:

I called Kenny Rodgers, former BB tech now working for Coachcraft in Columbus, GA.

Your manual cut-off valve for your 95 WB is behind a 2'x2' plate midway up the wall in the second compartment street side. Since you do not have a wash station, there should be a bay door where my small wash station door is located. Kenny says, unscrew and remove that plate and right there on the LPG tank will sit your manual cut-off valve.

FYI, In addition to this excellent forum there are two other outstanding forums (or is it forii) - Wanderlodge Owners Online (which I belong to and support - it is a dues paying forum) and Wanderlodge Owners Group is a free forum. I belong to all these groups and read them several times a day. It will speed your learning curve and save you many $$$$$ and sleepless nights.

There are numerous articles on these forums about your genny issues. I strong recommend you get on these groups if you have not already done so.

Tommy

06-18-2009, 03:15
Ron: Can you access the space behind your waste cewnter in the second bay?

On my 94, there is a pass through behind wash station that connects the front
bay and the bay where my toilet pancake compressor is located.

Also, I noticed in your photos there are two plates on the wall behind your
pbancake compressor. The big plate could be the one you are looking for. Have
you opened it and looked in?

I feel like a "blind guide" because I still consider myself a newbie so I hope I
am not sending you on a needless search.

Tommy
06-18-2009, 04:14
Tommy,

Great Day In The Mawnin, Balls O'Fire, I found the 2' x 2' cover plate. It is right to the left of the Aqua Hot unit. I haven't taken it off yet but I am sure it is the right plate since it is the only one on the coach like that.

Will let you know how that turns out. Might not get to it for a few days or might have to wait till I get home. But I will open it up and see if the valve is in there. Won't open it up if it is closed. Might be a good reason it is closed off and I certainly don't want to open it and find out something dreadful. I don't really need the LPG right now since the coach is parked at night where I have shore power. And during the day I am running the Series 60.
And if I get the generator problem fixed I will be in good shape.

But today I had to repair a leaky hose
connection with washers and a new hose. And now I am headed to find a Jeep dealer to get a new rim and tire for the one that was obliterated. So it is a busy day again today.

Thanks Tommy, once I know where things are its no problem understanding what to do to get it repaired. Its a shame there are not more Bluebird Wanderlodge repair centers around that know what they are doing.

Take care...

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

OK, Ron:

Tommy

06-18-2009, 04:21
Tommy,

I found that plate. I will take it off just to verify it is the right location but not going to try and fix anything here on the road. I will check the valve to see if it is closed or open though.

I think we are on the right track. Thanks again for your help. I am going to be out of communication for a bit while I get my Jeep tire and rim replaced.

Thanks for your help.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 10:15 AM

Ron: Can you access the space behind your waste cewnter in the second bay?

On my 94, there is a pass through behind wash station that connects the front bay and the bay where my toilet pancake compressor is located.

Also, I noticed in your photos there are two plates on the wall behind your pbancake compressor. The big plate could be the one you are looking for. Have you opened it and looked in?

I feel like a "blind guide" because I still consider myself a newbie so I hope I am not sending you on a needless search.

Tommy

06-18-2009, 04:58
more Bluebird Wanderlodge repair centers around that know what they are doing.
We do a lot of repair work here. If we can't repair it we can direct you to those that can

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Tx

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Ron Thompson wrote:

Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 11:14 AM

Tommy,

Great Day In The Mawnin, Balls O'Fire, I found the 2' x 2' cover plate. It is right to the left of the Aqua Hot unit. I haven't taken it off yet but I am sure it is the right plate since it is the only one on the coach like that.

Will let you know how that turns out. Might not get to it for a few days or might have to wait till I get home. But I will open it up and see if the valve is in there. Won't open it up if it is closed. Might be a good reason it is closed off and I certainly don't want to open it and find out something dreadful. I don't really need the LPG right now since the coach is parked at night where I have shore power. And during the day I am running the Series 60.
And if I get the generator problem fixed I will be in good shape.

But today I had to repair a leaky hose connection with washers and a new hose. And now I am headed to find a Jeep
dealer to get a new rim and tire for the one that was obliterated. So it is a busy day again today.

Thanks Tommy, once I know where things are its no problem understanding what to do to get it repaired. Its a shame there are not more Bluebird Wanderlodge repair centers around that know what they are doing.

Take care...

1995 WLWB 42'
(cockyfox@sbcglobal .net)

To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com

OK, Ron:

There are numerous articles on these forums about your genny issues. I strong recommend you
get on these groups if you have not already done so.

Tommy

06-18-2009, 19:15
Is it an all electric coach? what is your cooktop?
Greg of Tim&Greg
94ptCA

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Ron Thompson wrote:
>
> I have never used the LPG gas since I have had this coach and I have an
absolutely stupid question.   Where the heck is the main LPG Shut off Valve on a
1995 WLWB 42?
>
> Does the Master LPG Switch that is located in the counter right in front of
the sink the only switch that controls the gas supply on and off. When I turn
the Alarm switch on it buzzes. There is no gas leak that I can detect anywhere
so it must be buzzing because the gas supply is turned off.
>
> Oh, the refrigerator is running when the Inverter is on and also when the
generator is on or the shore line is hooked up. It is just the Lpg mode on the
frig that does not work. When You set it to lpg operation it waits about 45
seconds then the check light comes on. The LPG level indicator shows almost
full of gas. The only thing I can think of is that the main shut off valve is
off.
>
> Appreciate any help from someone who is familiar with this coach.
>
> Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@...)
>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)