Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
10-18-2013, 00:13 (This post was last modified: 10-18-2013 10:53 by davidbrady.)
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
Now that cold weather is around the corner I can't postpone my aquahot repair any longer.

I unbolted the transfer switch and the domestic fresh water manifold and swung them out of the way: İmage . The fresh water manifold is easier to maneuver once the inlet hot and cold water connections are disconnected: İmage İmage . There's plenty of slack in the PVC domestic water tubing to free up the manifold: İmage . Once everything is out of the way there's plenty of room to access the filler neck: İmage .

After pressurizing the AH boiler to 15 psi and dousing the filler neck with windex it was easy to see bubbles forming at the solder joint leak. I took a wire brush and scrubbed the old solder. I then swabbed the soldered joint with alcohol, applied flux, heated the brass neck with my propane torch and sweated in new solder. The new solder flowed nicely into the fitting. I then repressurized to 15 psi to check for leaks. Pretty simple job - what took me so long! İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 04-03-2013, 09:40
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - pgchin - 04-03-2013, 10:49
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 10-18-2013 00:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)