Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
04-04-2013, 17:43 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 17:52 by Bumpersbird.)
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
(04-04-2013 17:26)al perna Wrote:  Is the Aquahot tied into the S60 coolant ? or are they 2 seperate systems ?

Yes, the Aquahot has a pump that circulates hot coolant from the motor to make hydronic heat and hot water, as well as the aquahot can heat the cold engine block, so the coolant can for lack of a better explanation flow in both directions to either heat or scavenge heat

So if I'm understanding you correctly it's not the filler neck to tank that gives problems, it's the brass cup to filler neck that typically leaks???

That's correct

I'm imagining a steel neck that's around four inches in length and then a brass cup that's maybe half that length,

Got the steel neck part correct, but the brass cup is very shallow. Actually it's flat on the bottom with a very shallow lip 1/4" max. and it's smaller in diameter than the filler tube diameter, you just center as well as you can by eye and solder it on.

and the brass cup is soldered to the top half of the steel neck.

Yes

How does the steel neck attach to the tank? Is it welded or soldered?

Welded it's steel to steel[/i]

If the leak is at the cup to neck interface I may be able to get in there with a small torch...

Possible, Slim Sommerville fix his Aquahot that way[i]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 04-03-2013, 09:40
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - pgchin - 04-03-2013, 10:49
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - Bumpersbird - 04-04-2013 17:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)