Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
04-04-2013, 16:54 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 16:57 by davidbrady.)
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for taking the time to register and to fill me in on your repair. I remember the magic and craftsmanship you worked on your aquahot. Is it working well for you?

So if I'm understanding you correctly it's not the filler neck to tank that gives problems, it's the brass cup to filler neck that typically leaks??? I'm imagining a steel neck that's around four inches in length and then a brass cup that's maybe half that length, and the brass cup is soldered to the top half of the steel neck. How does the steel neck attach to the tank? Is it welded or soldered? If the leak is at the cup to neck interface I may be able to get in there with a small torch...

In the newer Aquahot's they did away with the neck, cup, and cap. All they have is a hose bib that runs to an expansion tank. This elimination of the cap might also be an option, but in this case an external deaeration tank would need to be placed somewhere and I suppose it would need a pressure relieving closed system radiator cap, similar to the way our Series-60's are set up.

Tom, this may be why you don't see this issue. Does the 431 have a cap, cup, and neck attached to the tank boiler?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 04-03-2013, 09:40
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - pgchin - 04-03-2013, 10:49
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 04-04-2013 16:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)