Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
04-03-2013, 10:49 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 11:01 by pgchin.)
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak
(04-03-2013 09:40)davidmbrady Wrote:  I have an antifreeze leak at the top of my AHE-100-01S Aquahot. I spoke with the folks at AH and I read the Service Manual. Both agree that it's one of three things:

1) radiator cap
2) cracked expansion tank tube
3) filler neck solder joint

I ruled out (1) and (2). I'm going to use my radiator pressure tester to bring the tank up to 17 psi to see if I can identify the leak.

Anyone have any experience with repairing a leaky filler neck solder joint? I wonder if I can do it in place or if the AH needs to be pulled from the bus.

This is my second AH. I replaced the original back in '07 with a reman unit at the cost of $4K (after reducing $1K for the core). Argh... Angry
Hey Dave,
Another member of the community recently went through this. He pulled his out because the insulation blanket was soaked with antifreeze and that job is a bear to do. He also needed to redo his bays. IF you can get to the the rivets to drill them out either with a regular or side shaft drill and get the cover off, I see no need to pull Unless your insulation is soaked. IF it is, THEN you are going to have to pull it and do your usual Tim the tool man Taylor bilford 9800 upgrade job!Big GrinCool Maybe Kurt H will chime in here since he is the man with experience and can give you first hand data and support of your project. In the past, you have ALWAYS been his "go to" guy.
PS if he's a bit "shy" or too busy with his engraving business and does not see this post, pm me and I'll give you his number and you can call him.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - davidbrady - 04-03-2013, 09:40
RE: Aquahot Antifreeze Leak - pgchin - 04-03-2013 10:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)