Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
04-04-2013, 10:45 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 10:48 by davidbrady.)
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
Folks,

I'm trying to save LXi owners some money. I think I've been pretty persuasive by now: the intake systems in our coaches only have 3 90 deg bends including the ECO-SM air filter. Air flow restriction is all about the elbows. As I've shown each 90 deg elbow has an equivalent straight tube length of over 10 feet. Put another way, the 90 deg elbows dominate the flow characteristics. It also turns out that our stock ECO-SM air filters are actually high flowing (over 1200 cfm) and very low restriction (less than 4 in. H2O). I've also shown that the ECM will compensate for freer intake and exhaust restriction by altering the fuel delivery out the injectors. Early on I cast doubt on the usefulness of the Filter Minders as a differential pressure diagnostic tool. I also pointed out the NAPA 6580 panel filters are flow limited ( < 570 CFM) and are not suitable to the S60 application. Along with saving you money, I'm trying to prevent you from damaging your engines. Good! Looks like the owner of another forum is listening. They've affectionately been using the term "Redneck Engineering". Old habits die hard.

Folks if you want to talk and learn about the S60, it's ECM, flow requirements, turbo, come join WaGu! Why settle for second best? Smile WaGu Rules!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - davidbrady - 04-04-2013 10:45

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)