Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
03-29-2013, 09:59 (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 10:14 by Itchintogo.)
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
(03-28-2013 11:51)al perna Wrote:  Gary . I need to spend some time rereading this thread , as to the DEvils advocate, you have called me ?. I own a LXI with a S60 and have a valuable investment to protect .I believe whole heartily in this possible modification .

Playing Devils advocate is aka presenting a different side of a use case Al. It is not something you call someone. And it was good that you in this case presented your thoughts so they could be discussed.

[/color]I, also find myself in the middle of a topic of great value to many from wago to wog .

It is actually WaGu not wago.

I have never met you, but in reading you post I see you as a cheerleader at best , someone who has been quick to assume and judge.

After the consideration of 2 professional intelligent individuals offering true science, evidence and proving it out over several days I think that is hardly quick to assume and judge. Tell me what have you offered? As for being a cheerleader I hardly have the figure for it! Tongue

this topic has the ability to cost many of us money one way or the other , so please dont assume i am just " stoking the fire " . as you say !

Stoking the fire are your words Al not mine and I did not say them "as you say". Your post in reality enlightens most people more so about you than me.Let us know how this mod works for you if you do it.Thanks!

(03-28-2013 19:14)davidmbrady Wrote:  Just a caveat Al. When examining aftermarket intake systems and air cleaners, keep your eyes open for these Wix panel filters. They're 15.0"x15.0"x5.5" in size. "They're a common filter used on BIG Cat engines in off-road applications and in standby generators. Cat makes them, Delco makes them, Wix makes them and they're available on Ebay for $60 each". You may have seen them, shade-tree-engineers love them. The problem is that they only flow 570 CFM of air and you're likely to damage your Series-60 by running one. The S-60 flows 1170 CFM of air at standard conditions. Stay away!

http://www.finditparts.com/t/414/manufac...ters-46580

I know how to fix that David. Buy 2 and double them up! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinTongue
Ukuleles please!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - Itchintogo - 03-29-2013 09:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)