Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
03-26-2013, 14:51 (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 12:38 by pgchin.)
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
(03-26-2013 14:39)al perna Wrote:  Pete . maybe a Johnnie A or a George could answer that question , but it does seem strange to me they would in later years place a cap on the pipe and lower it . When we see Davids Pic we will see if BB made any additional changes on the 03 LXI .

See above Al, I was reediting my post about capped inlets and our posts crossed in the mail.
this is the reedit you missed above;
"Now, what WOULD be interesting is know which year LXI had the "cap" on the inlet and look at those engineering prints for that year to see if the change was written there either in the form of a handwritten EC or a new exhaust print. If it was, then that would support your supposition that the factory was told about an air inlet issue and was trying to re-engineer the inlets on 500HP s60's to find a better mousetrap. "

FWIW the capped deal might have also been an attempt to fix a water intrusion issue and NOT an air inlet issue even if we found the above to be true. Reverse engineering a defunct factory and an out of production product is FUN but still only supposition until you get facts, like what they told me about prints when they were open. As for Johnnie, George, or Parliment's prints, I'm NOT that curious enough to write them a check for their time to find out, remember I Don't have an FM issue but feel free to call them and write them a check if it tickles your fancy! :-) David's "test" data idea I feel is the best way to go and scientific fact you'd be able to react to and make an informed decision about whether or not to cut metal, etc. Why try to figure out what they were thinking or what dealers were reporting to them when David's idea is real time data you can act upon? Again, it is fun though and brings back great memories for me hangin in the factory nest!!!!!!! :-) At 18 years old, my ole s60 is hummin along just fine!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - pgchin - 03-26-2013 14:51

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)