Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
03-26-2013, 13:44 (This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 14:48 by pgchin.)
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
(03-26-2013 13:29)al perna Wrote:  pete

our pipe is on a 90 also, but the cut is facing inside , I have also seen them cut lower leading me to beleive BB may have been looking for a beter soulution .

Al, although your theory is plausible, it it not absolute. It could be simply that was the length of pipe that particular installer used on that particular build. The factory was NOT that precise on the builds, as I stated previously, not always the same installer. I know from their OWN ADMISSION to me. I believe you are giving the factory too much credit for EXACTNESS......... If Bluebird engineering, for the sake of argument, were looking for a better solution, as you state, then the exhaust prints would have handwritten annotations on them and dates indicating an EC (engineering change) what the change is, and date for the line build changeovers for that model year. Next model year might indeed have a new print for the inlet and exhaust system. My exhaust prints do not have that, leading me to believe it was a line inaccuracy deal (90-95 at least) since you yourself state you'd seen it on a 90 and my prints are for a 95 up through 95. On some of my prints, for other systems, I have those exact EC handwritten notes as I previously described indicating EC line changes and when approved by BB engineering for build line changes. That's why the prints would be common for a model year and only the builds after the EC date cut-in would have the new change, the previous builds would have the "old" stuff. Now, what WOULD be interesting is know which year LXI had the "cap" on the inlet and look at those engineering prints for that year to see if the change was written there either in the form of a handwritten EC or a new exhaust print. If it was, then that would support your supposition that the factory was told about an air inlet issue and was trying to re-engineer the inlets on 500HP s60's to find a better mousetrap.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - pgchin - 03-26-2013 13:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)