Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show us your motorcycles
03-10-2013, 10:39
Show us your motorcycles
It seems like a lot of you WL folks have motorcycles. Share your pride and joy here.

Current ride on Blue Ridge Parkway

and I still have the first BMW I bought in 1986...

Steve Fox
87 FC35
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 13:51 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 19:49 by gondolaguy.)
RE: Show us your motorcycles
İmage İmage İmage İmage My babies....R1200GS, KTM 300XCR Enduro, R90s BMW destined to be a Cafe' bike, and the mentor to my R90S is the race bike pictured (not mine)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
03-10-2013, 14:05 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 14:11 by JD33.)
first shot is my friend Nyjill riding Lyn's Road King, and the other is Lyn and I at Bike week last year on our Ultra Classic

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
03-10-2013, 16:38 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 17:07 by nedb.)
My lean fast classic R90/5 -- that's a '72 R75/5 with a full R90 top end.

[attachment=176]
[attachment=175]
[attachment=176]

The story goes that US distributors of BMW motorcycles felt that the image was too staid and stodgey--you know the vintage BMW machine, built heavy and strong to carry a sidecar. They told the factory to design something for US riders--you know, with chrome and high handle bars. The result was the "Toaster" model with chrome tank panels and buckhorn bars. (My ride has low Euro-spec sidecar handlebar).

At well under 500 lbs and darned near 60 hp, with that flat-twin low center of gravity and leading axle front fork, the /5 is a ride like no other. My pride and joy.

--Ned

İmage İmage İmage
03-10-2013, 18:42
My 1995 BMW R1100GS, bought new from Kari Prager owner of California BMW in Mountain View, Ca. We miss you Kari, RIP.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-10-2013, 18:51
Kari Prager
What an outpouring of friends I saw on the /5 list when Kari died. I didn't know him, but the testimonials of his friends were very moving. But not as moving as an R bike unleashed Angel

Keep the shiny side up!

--Ned
03-10-2013, 20:52
İmage This is my bike if the picture posts correctly as I am having great difficulty.

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
03-10-2013, 21:16 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 21:17 by davidbrady.)
RE: Kari Prager
(03-10-2013 18:51)nedb Wrote:  What an outpouring of friends I saw on the /5 list when Kari died. I didn't know him, but the testimonials of his friends were very moving. But not as moving as an R bike unleashed Angel

Keep the shiny side up!

--Ned

I'll likely never sell that bike because of Kari. I can't add to what's already been written. If Kari told you that you were a fast rider, that meant something. We blasted thru those California canyon roads. That was a very special time of my life. Smile He was a very special man...

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-10-2013, 23:58
George,

That looks like a 97 FXDWG. I really enjoy getting out on mine. I did some touring on it with the wife on her Dyna Convertible. Still have those, but now we typically get on the Ultras when we go.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-11-2013, 00:50 (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 00:52 by Itchintogo.)
What a great thread.Big Grin Thanks for starting it Steve.

I sold my bike 12 years ago. But it was nothing compared to these machines. I used it as a fun and recreational way to go back and forth to work. And out for a 60 miles ride on the weekend. Small Honda nothing fancy but great mileage.

Funny just the other day I thought I should clean out a closet here and get rid of my helmut and leather gloves etc etc. I bet my license looks very much like Jim Deol's license. 1's and 6's. We have the same beard too! Mine is a little whiter. I talked to Jim a couple of years ago and thought he was a nice guy!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)