Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Ipad Feedback Please
02-26-2013, 16:15 (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 16:17 by Ms. Bee.)
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please
That's too funny, both Pete and David about learning to type.
I had a fear of learning to type. A fear that that learned skill might someday, make me someone's secretary.
So never took typing or learned in high school.

Handwrote all my papers in college (a) and had to pay someone to type them for me before I could turn them in. Finally in the late 80's, I got my first real puter which cost several thousand dollars back then , I think four. That was after the Atare, and back when you had to know DOS to operate it, and holy cow it had 10 megabytes and was expandable to 20. But then who would ever need all of those??? Tongue

And so I decide I would learn how to type, just for myself and I bought Mavis Beacon teaches typing. It was a fun program. You had to learn the proper hand placement and the right fanger to use for each key, and no cheating. You weren't supposed to look down. But I did a bit at the beginning until I became more stern w myself.Dodgy

The thing you would have liked about it Pete, is that once you got the hand and finger placement, it became a race car game. Big Grin There was a screen with you in one car and a competitor. The faster you typed the faster your car went, and there was a speedometer at the top, so you could tell when you were really flying, but you got dinged for spelling mistakes. Car would slow down but you could regain your momentum. I really liked it.

I don't know what they have 'nowadays' but that program really worked for me!

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Apple Ipad Feedback Please - pgchin - 02-26-2013, 12:20
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - Ms. Bee - 02-26-2013 16:15
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - nedb - 03-04-2013, 23:47
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - nedb - 03-06-2013, 11:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)