Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Joined! '87 PT38 in California
07-20-2023, 23:32
Just Joined! '87 PT38 in California
Hello from the Mendocino Coast!

Earlier this year I bought a 1987 Wanderlodge PT38. It's equipment is a Detroit 8V92 turbo, Allison 4-speed, Kohler/Yanmar genny and the usual Wanderlodge icing on the cake. Under 70,000 miles, under 4000 hours.

It was a bit distressed and I took it on as a refurbishment project... having never worked on an RV in my life. But I've dove in at the deep end of projects before. It was assembled by hand, it can be fixed by mere mortals, right?

Over the past few months I've only been able to get a couple things done. I had the engine checked out, and the shut down solenoid rebuilt. Oil change, Racor cleaned, oil sample sent to the lab. Good to go!

(The first time I started it it wouldn't shut down, and there was some nervous tinkering while we tried to find the fuel shutoff cam. Later we added a lawnmower throttle control cable to shut it off with!)

After that I put all new tires on it. Really good to go!

I've taken the rest of the summer off and hope to address some of the other issues. (Generator won't run, hot water heater on the blink, stairs don't deploy... etc.) So I'll be on here mooching free advice and sharing what I find out.

Cheers!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevie Wander's post
03-23-2024, 05:52
RE: Just Joined! '87 PT38 in California
so cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)