Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open stacker project
05-27-2018, 13:24 (This post was last modified: 05-27-2018 13:43 by RainbowrvGreg.)
RE: open stacker project
Thanks for the input. Sorry been away for a while
Power: I first wanted to do hydraulic power and may still go that way to put even force on both sides. The landing gear style jacks with built in reduction gear two speeds are also a option but I am not sure how they handle other direction force .....as with truck camper jacks and semi trailer jacks the load force is one direction. Q? is how will they act bi directional. and there will be a need for two people and active coordination between two people which is not a reliable mechanical action. semi jacks run in pairs have a drive line between them which cause additional design constraints.
Pivot. I think I understand Davids info on twist. two areas of twist are the trailer bed and the platform relative to the triangle sides. I can use an adle as the pivot but then the top deck will not be attached to the suspension so I will need to start out on a level surface and if there is a twist issue, address it with cables or rigid support guides.
Shock Freefall: learned a lesson with this one when I built a single axle pivoting trailer for my towcar. talk about design rebuild.

Arcticdude thanks for the input. I did stack the last couple of toys sideways but the rzrs are too long for this. they are lite enough to rid on top of the truck but when I add the rack weight things once again get too heavy . this same trailer had the quad rack prior here is an image of that stack. (sorry cant find one of it loaded this image was taken after I slid in a new radiator via bumper access). the quads entered from the other side of the trailer where I cut the trailer top truss off and installed two 3x3 tubes to hold this top rack up. the pivot of the rack was on top of this side of the trailers top truss tube. the power was a farm jack on the other side. The twist David talked about was non existing because the 3x3 tubes welded vertical held control. there might some use for using a support to work realtime to control the twist with that setup.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage

Gregory O'Connor
951-830-5997 So California
current LXi , Prior PT, next Prevost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
open stacker project - RainbowrvGreg - 05-02-2018, 19:07
RE: open stacker project - mbulriss - 05-02-2018, 22:10
RE: open stacker project - davidbrady - 05-03-2018, 10:57
RE: open stacker project - Arcticdude - 05-03-2018, 12:57
RE: open stacker project - davidbrady - 05-04-2018, 08:54
RE: open stacker project - davidbrady - 05-06-2018, 17:21
RE: open stacker project - davidbrady - 05-07-2018, 14:13
RE: open stacker project - RainbowrvGreg - 05-27-2018 13:24
RE: open stacker project - Arcticdude - 05-27-2018, 20:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)