Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where are all the Wanderlodges?
08-09-2016, 20:33 (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 20:42 by cmillsap.)
RE: Where are all the Wanderlodges?
I ran into a long time Bluebird owner parked in of all places at Marathon Coach in Coburg, OR. We had a rock crack the driver's windshield and stopped there to have it replaced. The Gentleman's name was Larry Leach. He has owned an '03 LXi SS since '07 and several other Wanderlodges in the past. He said he used to go to the RATS rallies but had not participated in any groups or rallies for years. Ernie probably remembers him and his wife Kathleen.

Anyhow, he was having trouble keeping his generator running and he was hoping that Marathon could fix it. He had been working on it for a week with no success. He was convinced that there was air getting into the fuel lines and had replaced the facet pump and some fuel lines. He said that he changed the oil and filters and afterwards the generator wouldn't start or keep running.

Well, I had a hunch that the problem was elsewhere as that was a very common problem with the engine on Powertech generators. I took a jumper wire and jumped the low oil pressure switch and the generator took right off and continued to run. Boy, was he happy. LOL. I gave him my jumper wire and looked up the part# for a new switch for him online and they were going to Portland to pick it up..

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where are all the Wanderlodges? - cmillsap - 08-09-2016 20:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)