Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'97 Prevost XL, Two Slide
10-05-2015, 23:32 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 23:45 by travelite.)
RE: '97 Prevost XL, Two Slide
I saw the brass fixtures in the bath area too. I thought I was looking at old pics of the original interior but no, they never got around to swapping out all the brass. The 1996 chassis year would be the first year for Prevost IFS, which would show up in a 1997 conversion given the typical 1 year conversion delay. This bus would have a 16500 lb IFS steer axle. This is one coach that really needs to be weighed before purchasing. Rogue probably put the genny in the back in an attempt to lighten the steer axle. Removing the salon carpeting and installing porcelain tile only aggravates the steer axle weight situation. This bus would also have the 470hp/1550ft-lb S60 and not a 500hp version that the ad says. I think 2001 was the first year for factory Prevost slides in their XLII chassis, so that would be the added appeal and justification for the exta $$$ you see in asking prices. The XLII also has the smooth, non-rivet, side panel look that many prefer. (tonight's my night for clumsy wording). Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: '97 Prevost XL, Two Slide - davidbrady - 10-05-2015 23:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)