Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
10-05-2015, 18:59 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 19:50 by Itchintogo.)
RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
Yeah that is odd because I am sure they serviced that generator before. How many miles are on it now? Did you have the belts checked because if it is the same it has been a few years since they were changed.

There is what seemed to me to be a decent shop on northside Bakerview just west of Hannigan Road. There is a place that makes hydraulic hoses up and then this shop I am talking about next door. Can't remember the name and Google is not ringing a bell for me. Across the street from Northland Diesel. You could try them as well and Sound diesel is close by as well.

i talked to them about working on my bus. One thing I do, is outright ask if they want to work on it. Sometimes people don't want to offend and quote you even though in their head they are saying to themselves they don't really want to get into a one off Bluebird. For a lot of mechanics your FC will be a one off. Hard to work on often with little room when compared to a conventional truck.

This shop seemed interested in working on the bus and there is on old Flxible sitting in the yard close by so I suspect another bus nut is on loose there. There are quite a few repairs shops in that neighbourhood.

P.S. if it is your starter fried on the genny try talking to these guys. Whatcom Electric & Battery
2021 Toledo St. Bellingham, WA 98229
8:00am-5:30pm Monday - Friday
9:00am-3:00pm Saturday
360-733-5051
They are a very good old fashioned electric shop. You may be able to R&R yourself and save some money. That is where you should get your batteries as well. The Alaskan Golds are house brand but are really North American made Crown batteries. I buy all that kind of stuff there. For my Detroit 2 stroke they made me an alternator with a different set of diodes that survive the heat better in the engine compartment. Good guys.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Itchintogo's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - Itchintogo - 10-05-2015 18:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)