Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
10-05-2015, 16:50 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 17:12 by Itchintogo.)
RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
I think your in Bellingham not far away but you have no identification on your posts so it hard to tell. What two shops have you been to?

I also think you purchased The Bird Abides which is indeed an 83 FC. But again I see no mention of that in your post so I can't be sure.

I know the PO of that Bird and the Bird lived very near Bellingham. I also know he replaced that power steering pump 3 times I believe and I have driven that bus. Someone put the wrong one on and it did not last long. Then he replaced it again apparently with the proper one. What has happened to it since he owned the bus is anyone's guess as it has been awhile. He moved on and bought a Prevost. Not sure what it is doing now that makes you think you need a new pump as there was no information posted.

Good luck to you it was a decent FC when I knew it and I considered buying it but bought my PT instead. I know he had some of the Blue on the body repainted as well to keep it looking nice. Did your generator lose it's prime? If it worked fine before it was serviced it should be nothing major as Mike points out. You need knowledgable truck repair facilities. The PO used to take it to a shop in Blaine to be repaired i was there once with him but I can't remember the name however I do remember the people were of Russian decent I believe.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - Itchintogo - 10-05-2015 16:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)