Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parliament Coach Announces New Ownership
02-18-2015, 20:03 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 20:37 by travelite.)
Parliament Coach Announces New Ownership
Parliament Motor Coach in Clearwater, FL announced new ownership and plans to convert new Prevost Coaches. The new owners are Ken Robertson and Rick May. Congrats to Ken, Rick, and the Team. WaGu wishes you continued success.

Press Release February 18 , 2015

Ken Robertson and Rick May are pleased to announce that they have acquired Parliament Motor Coach Corporation, effective immediately -

All facets of the business will remain as before, meaning that customers can expect to receive the same, excellent quality, service that they have come to expect from Parliament Motor Coach in the past -

And yes, they plan to resume building Prevost conversions as soon as possible.

Parliament Motor Coach is based in Clearwater , Florida and provides sales & service to Prevost Conversions as well as other Class A Motorcoaches.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2015, 21:03
RE: Parliament Coach Announces New Ownership
Since they own the rights to BB, I wonder if they will badge any as such?

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
02-20-2015, 20:48
Hopeful that Wonderlodge name makes it back. It is depressing to pull a orphaned Hummer behind an orphaned Wanderlodge.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
[+] 2 users Like GregOConnor's post
02-20-2015, 20:58 (This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 21:04 by davidbrady.)
(02-20-2015 20:48)GregOConnor Wrote:  Hopeful that Wonderlodge name makes it back. It is depressing to pull a orphaned Hummer behind an orphaned Wanderlodge.

Same here, I'd really like to see a Wanderlodge conversion on a Prevost chassis. Given the current CN/US exchange rate Parliament should lock in some Prevost chassis futures. Smile There's a new kid in the p-bus converter biz, well not entirely new but re-invented. They used to be called Outlaw; they're back under the name of Emerald. They have Liberty backing. They're plan is a lower end p-bus conversion; something to compete in the Newell price bracket. I'd love to see a competitive Wanderlodge. Have you guys checked out the latest retail prices of Liberties, Marathons, and Millenniums these days. They all start at 2 million and spec-ed out get close to the mid 2's. Plus they're all pimped out with the latest in overkill electronics, A/V, and all sorts of complexity. I'm thinking a simpler Wanderlodge style conversion could be done for half that.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
02-20-2015, 22:09
I'm with David. Something with elegant aesthetics, simplicity of design, only necessary electronic whizzmajigs, fewer computers, ease of service, and no I-pad to control everything. How many Prevost conversions make you say "WOW!", but after living in it a while, you'd find very tiring. The art of good design makes it pleasant ALL the time. There are a few out there. The Greeks used to say something appropriate, "Simplicity enforces design."

I am so tired of "features" on everything we buy today, features that we never use, but complicate its use.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
[+] 1 user Likes rrueckwald's post
02-22-2015, 09:13
(02-20-2015 22:09)rrueckwald Wrote:  I'm with David. Something with elegant aesthetics, simplicity of design, only necessary electronic whizzmajigs, fewer computers, ease of service, and no I-pad to control everything. How many Prevost conversions make you say "WOW!", but after living in it a while, you'd find very tiring. The art of good design makes it pleasant ALL the time. There are a few out there. The Greeks used to say something appropriate, "Simplicity enforces design."

I am so tired of "features" on everything we buy today, features that we never use, but complicate its use.
If we all remember the M450 and the electronic whizz-bang that was done to it, that should be a lesson to learn not to go beyond what the buyer can expect and want. No more 20 function key fobs.
The success of what Parliament will be to use the (KISS) method forget all the whizz-bang's and back to reality and address the customer wants and no more 4 inverter and 5 alternator that other converters install in their coaches.
With Rick, Ben and Kenny at the top I would believe they will do the right thing.

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390
02-22-2015, 13:24 (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 14:15 by travelite.)
The Dream... A safe , strong bus with a pleasant,functional interior and low maintenance , listing under one Million.

Starting with a Prevost shell .. unlikely . ..unless the interior is as below. İmage İmage (one of Bluebird's ideas to lighten the front end of the 450 Smile
To be competitive , there are features that are mandatory , call them bells and whistles but inverter(s), washer/dryer, heating systems, cameras.

There was a German converter that tried to go fairly simple.. failed ..but may have been timing too.

Perhaps send the shell to Mexico?
Use a Volvo 9700 as a start? 1 or 2 slides. Still has the Prevost network available.

The 450 concept had design, execution issues. It seems that sources and systems came from "Friends". Perhaps spread too thin in designing a chassis AND interior systems for an RV.
Prevost concentrates on the chassis.

Solution to the dream? A used Prevost.

I doubt whether anyone wold remove the "Prevost" badge (new or used) and glue on "Bluebird".

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
02-22-2015, 16:07 (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 16:48 by dentmac.)
A SHELL ! not quite perfect

I found this pic I took a while ago

Needs some conversion but
no Electronic Whizz-bangs and no key fobs

AND it already HAS the logo.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
02-23-2015, 01:02 (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 01:04 by cmillsap.)
(02-22-2015 13:24)dentmac Wrote:  The Dream... A safe , strong bus with a pleasant,functional interior and low maintenance , listing under one Million.

Starting with a Prevost shell .. unlikely . ..unless the interior is as below. (one of Bluebird's ideas to lighten the front end of the 450 Smile
To be competitive , there are features that are mandatory , call them bells and whistles but inverter(s), washer/dryer, heating systems, cameras.

There was a German converter that tried to go fairly simple.. failed ..but may have been timing too.

Perhaps send the shell to Mexico?
Use a Volvo 9700 as a start? 1 or 2 slides. Still has the Prevost network available.

The 450 concept had design, execution issues. It seems that sources and systems came from "Friends". Perhaps spread too thin in designing a chassis AND interior systems for an RV.
Prevost concentrates on the chassis.

Solution to the dream? A used Prevost.

I doubt whether anyone wold remove the "Prevost" badge (new or used) and glue on "Bluebird".

Well…..let’s see… maybe not a Bluebird badge replacing the Prevost badge but there are presently Prevost conversions named “Elegant Lady" by Liberty, "Vantare" by Featherlite , "Royale" by Monaco, etc. A Prevost "Wanderlodge" conversion by Parliament might appeal to a whole lot of people…. if done well.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
02-24-2015, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 15:15 by dentmac.)
Well…..let’s see… maybe not a Bluebird badge replacing the Prevost badge but there are presently Prevost conversions named “Elegant Lady" by Liberty, "Vantare" by Featherlite , "Royale" by Monaco, etc. A Prevost "Wanderlodge" conversion by Parliament might appeal to a whole lot of people…. if done well.

But is still a Prevost.. Changing or adding a name doesn't make it better or different.
You don't want to be known as the cheap Prevost conversion.

Perhaps if Parliament could get the EXCLUSIVE use of the Volvo 9700 for conversions to a "Wanderlodge". Just one or 2 slides. The early Prevosts were not factory slides.

That would be a WANDERLODGE .. not just a Prevost conversion.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)