Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Television Upgrade In My LXi
11-13-2015, 15:42 (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 16:06 by davidbrady.)
RE: Television Upgrade In My LXi
Thanks for the heads-up Chuck.

What you describe with the infrared on/off power switching may drive me to my old standby approach of forgoing a smartTV in favor of a dumb computer monitor. I used an NEC monitor in my LXi and it was really simple to set up and control. In addition to having an infrared "power on" command that's distinct from the "power off" command, the NEC monitors such as the E505 come with built-in ATSC digital tuners. I'm thinking a simple way to set this up is to have a player and a receiver at each of my three TV locations: the stateroom, salon, and basement, each with its own sound system. This way there would be minimal switching of video or sound between the areas. I'd also want external HDMI ports to connect XBOX's and other gaming systems. To me, this seems like a simple approach.

I'd then ditch the AMX and have Donnie Myers set up the RTI to control each independent location with the RTI infrared control processors. The RTI system also has the capability to control everything else as shown in the above videos. To me there's value in letting Donnie set up the RTI. He already has the source code and his solution has become the de-facto standard control solution for Vantare coaches. He has all the bits needed to interface to the coach's low voltage relay systems to make the RTI control system work seamlessly.

I'm trying to make time to have the RTI installed this winter.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Television Upgrade In My LXi - davidbrady - 11-13-2015 15:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)