Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi Radiators and CAC's
09-03-2015, 13:42 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 13:46 by GregOConnor.)
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's
if the image shows clean and painted it is Davids Bus.
I wont be replacing my metal tubes with stainless now but I think that is a good idea and may visit it in a future project. I noticed that BB painted the inside of these tubes or there is some over spray that got mixed with the r fluid and peeled off in lumps, not good as this may be what compromised some of the tubes in the radiator and caused the failure but all of the rust seems to be external so I will just clean and paint them for now

I plan to paint the frame rails with por 15 gloss black paint while I wait for the new radiator to get built. I also found a larger cac that will bolt up. I sent both cac units out to get tested and cleaned.
I know it is better to fix and update every possible item while the radiator is out but I was thinking of making radiator removal easy in the event a repair requires more room. I think I can get removal down to 2 hours out the back of the bus with a different bottom bracket to the radiator fan, and a couple of other mods for mounting and removing the Hayden fan oil radiator. One additional task I use with my tractor is to paint bolt threads to keep them from rusting. not sure if por15 is good for this but I use any rattlecan paint applied via a sponge brush or nail polish works great and has a small brush included .

David, do you think the crack in your cac was caused by the inlet hose twisting or the weight? Or the tube hanger being too rigid?

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LXi Radiators and CAC's - rrueckwald - 10-02-2014, 04:09
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - jwm470 - 09-03-2015, 12:13
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - GregOConnor - 09-03-2015 13:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)