Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi Radiators and CAC's
10-03-2014, 22:27
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's
Thanks again, David.

Well, the plot thickens. I didn't understand why Mr. -------'s tube did not fit. We got dimensions from BHTubes, and discovered the one we were going to order was identical. So neither matched the one removed from the bus.

I went with the owner to the shop to look at it, and was shocked. The '98 and who knows what other years, is different. The heavy bracket on the engine that supports the downstream end of the first tube out of the turbo on my '95 and on my '00 has a flat, horizontal surface to which is bolted a saddle clamp. This '98 has a heavy bracket which has a half-circle machined out of it to serve as the lower support, and a U bolt holds down the top side. Ergo, absolutely no adjustment is possible. The tube must be dead nuts on, which is 3/8" more center-to-center than the tube the rest of us need. We are going to suggest to Roger that buyers check the tube-to-tube dimension of the old tube against the new one to assure they get the right dimension.

Roger is going to start Monday and overnight it fast. Gary should be out of here mid-week.

No matter how much you think you know about these birds, they keep teaching you new stuff. Occasional surprises, too.

Thanks again, David.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rrueckwald's post

Messages In This Thread
LXi Radiators and CAC's - rrueckwald - 10-02-2014, 04:09
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - rrueckwald - 10-03-2014 22:27
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - jwm470 - 09-03-2015, 12:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)